2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be of the profit, 20% of the fee would be most unusual.

He is reported as having cost 30m and ad he is half way through his contract then I suppose his cost now stands at 15m

If we get a fee of 50m less 4m for the 20% of profit on sale that should give us a profit for PSR of 31m...I think.

50m is a good price for Onana who may go on to be a world beater but I don't think he has shown enough at Everton to deserve a bigger fee.
He has spoken on more than one occasion about leaving for a CL before and now he has that move.
Although I am not sure it is the CL club he hoped for.

I thought he was nailed on for PSG.

He is reported as having cost 30m and ad he is half way through his contract then I suppose his cost now stands at 15m

If we get a fee of 50m less 4m for the 20% of profit on sale that should give us a profit for PSR of 31m...I think.

50m is a good price for Onana who may go on to be a world beater but I don't think he has shown enough at Everton to deserve a bigger fee.
He has spoken on more than one occasion about leaving for a CL before and now he has that move.

Its about 36/38m profit, for PSR, you gotta factor in his wages, but more importantly, its a business profit, actual money profit, which is double welcome.

People who spent years slagging him seem to be keen to say "see, only Villa want him and only for £50m"

What they're paying would be our record transfer fee.

Emery/Monchi aren't mugs - they're signing a player who'll be a big player for them.

A pragmatic style in a struggling team doesn't suit any CM. Even Garner looked crap last season.

He's 22 - they won't lose money on him. I predict they'll make a bigger profit than we did, and Onana will win titles in the game.

Market prices as years go by dictate that just as much as ability.
Even Garner? That indicates he's been good before. I havent really seen that tbh.

The fact that it's only Villa in the frame tells you how highly or otherwise he's regarded.

Clearly he's a talented player but he's no where near as good as he and some on here think he is.

Very telling that Bayern wanted a DM and went for Paulinha

It’s weird because he’s got the potential and ability to be elite but I’m not overly arsed about him leaving? Genuinely hope he does well, it was never going to be with us. You get the feeling we bought him at a decent price knowing he’d be sold on relatively quickly for a profit.

I don't think he has done enough to grab the attention of the real big boys tbh, there has been lots of paper talk but that's all it is. I like Villa and what they seem to be doing but it's bit of a step down from some of the clubs he was being linked too.

People who spent years slagging him seem to be keen to say "see, only Villa want him and only for £50m"

What they're paying would be our record transfer fee.

Emery/Monchi aren't mugs - they're signing a player who'll be a big player for them.

A pragmatic style in a struggling team doesn't suit any CM. Even Garner looked crap last season.

He's 22 - they won't lose money on him. I predict they'll make a bigger profit than we did, and Onana will win titles in the game.
That may well happen but for him to be worth more 50m he has to up his level quite a bit, certainly he is still young enough to do so but has not so far imo shown enough to suggest he could be worth 70m some day.

In any event he had a desire to leave, we have done well out of him and I think we should wish him well

It’s very very funny that people are hanging on to a single goal and using it to try and define our style.

Yes mate we don’t score a lot of goals from hoofball because hoofball is a bad way to try and score goals. But we do hoof the ball a lot. We do not take risks in possession. We do not play through teams regularly.

And fwiw that doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing. You said it yourself, many goals come from winning the ball high up (I wouldn’t agree that we’re the most adept at it but I digress) so avoiding that has merit. I just think we can be honest about what it is. We are not a team that places much emphasis on the midfield playing lots of passes and controlling a game.

Yes but you’re painting us as a team that can’t pass a ball and can only hoof. You must be able to see the difference between what Dyche is doing and what Allardyce/Pulis etc. do. Hoof ball is launching it long then using that time get 9 mean in formation behind a ball and hope that two striker can flick it on. We play a counter pressing game relying on winning it back high up the pitch which is where the combination play then occurs.

Is everyone saying that? He got pretty mixed reviews I thought. He was fine doing the basics but even against Romania he played pretty well but still put an opposing attacker clean through on goal with a sloppy header, which should have been a vital equaliser.

If you want a guy who does the basics well they need to do them 100% of the time and not have those sloppy moments. I'm not sure any scouts who watched him at the Euros would've come away with a different opinion to whatever they already had.

So your basing his ability on one poor header then?

If you want to go off statistics:

Ratings,

V Slovakia: 7.4 second highest for Belgium

V Romania: 6.9

V Ukraine: 7.6 3rd highest on the pitch

V france: 7.1 highest rating for Belgium.

Also was in team of the group stages.

Hes played very well in the internationals and usually does. In his last 12 international apps hes only had 3 apps that dropped below 7.0

He's came here, has done OK, hasn't really improved, and we make a profit on him... compared to 99% of our previous big money signings I'd say this one will go down as successful business by the club
This. Makes a change from signing Sunday league ploppers who take millions out of the club for the entire contract length and are so poor we can’t even give them away. Any profit on signings is welcome, we’d be in a far better place if this was happening years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back