2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that he's going to do well for someone but he couldn't do what we needed him to do - score goals. 4 in 72 appearances is dire. It's not as though he was effective for us unfortunately. We won't miss him.

Would be a dream to get 50m for him and basically set up our entire window for us. Hes by far our most valuable unimportant player, and I like him as a player. I think there are far too many that undervalue his strengths and what he does. That said, hes not very important to us and I dont think we will miss a beat when hes gone.

Last season we were 8-6-3 in matches where he didnt play, or played 45 minutes or less. 2 of the 3 losses were Man City, and the Chelsea debacle where Onana was benched at 4-0. That is 1.7ppg putting us on pace for Champions League. In the ones he played more than 45 minutes we were 5-3-13, the total opposite.

:lol:

Yeah, alright.

I'm sure one of the other elite clubs that we've been told he's destined for will be along to match Villa's offer any time now.
Fab probably posted that cos he linked him to Barca and didnt wanna look a fool.

Despite all the clubs meant to be interested and the offers people assumed we would get, 50m to Villa is a bit of a damp squad really.

Oh well, its about investing that money wisely into talent.

Villa aren't a better club. At best a sideways step and had one good season. They are a club i have respect for though. But I do get what your trying to say.
Fully in sync with you in this. Villa at present are were we thought we'd be today. At least we're not losing money on his going. But as ever us Evertonians smell rats where there may be none! I sincerely hope we invest wisely on a replacement.

They have still invested money into the clubs operational costs.

Nothing stopping them doing the same regarding transfers. The only reason they're not is that it doesn't benefit them like it does in keeping the lights on / work on the stadium progressing.
So did 777, where were the calls for them to put in for players in January?

Would be a dream to get 50m for him and basically set up our entire window for us. Hes by far our most valuable unimportant player, and I like him as a player. I think there are far too many that undervalue his strengths and what he does. That said, hes not very important to us and I dont think we will miss a beat when hes gone.

Last season we were 8-6-3 in matches where he didnt play, or played 45 minutes or less. 2 of the 3 losses were Man City, and the Chelsea debacle where Onana was benched at 4-0. That is 1.7ppg putting us on pace for Champions League. In the ones he played more than 45 minutes we were 5-3-13, the total opposite.
"Hes by far our most valuable unimportant player,..." = That's both hilarious and accurate. Best of luck to him and let's hope we invest wisely.

I used to get annoyed at posters underrating our players (Branthwaite being a case in point) but now it's become so ridiculous that I have to laugh.

Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Bayern and Barca are interested...

..."He's awful, hasn't improved, £50mil is a good deal"

I'm certain those views automatically upgrade several posters to being far more knowledgeable than some of the best clubs in Europe's management and scouting networks.

Lavia £58mil fee...Onana £50mil yes that sounds about right.

What amazing judgement.
Poor Zat.

I like him, I think he’s a good player with the potential to be a top central midfielder.

Having said that, he’s far from indispensable for us and to get £50million for a player who wasn’t a regular starter all season is a pretty good deal.

The big thing is how we reinvest the money.

ding ding ding. He’s a skilled player and athlete and we play better without him.

Fab probably posted that cos he linked him to Barca and didnt wanna look a fool.

Despite all the clubs meant to be interested and the offers people assumed we would get, 50m to Villa is a bit of a damp squad really.

Oh well, its about investing that money wisely into talent.
Any club that would/could pay more already has depth in midfield.. No one is going to pay more than 50 for a squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back