2023/24 Amadou Onana

I've seen this mentioned a few times, didn't we get £75m or so for Lukaku?
I think he Villa's record signing mate

Moussa Diaby was signed by them for £52mil last summer.

As Bobble said, Onana will be signed for £55mil + the % sell on fee so becomes their record signing.

Ours is either Richarlison £35mil rising to £50mil or Sigurdsson £40mil+ depending on whether were using initial fee or if targets were met etc

Will be gutted to see him go…. But if he wants to leave and we can make some sort of profit then I guess it’s good business all round.

Just depends how we re invest….

And for what it’s worth if we do re invest wisely I don’t think we will be too far off Villa next season anyway. Think Europe will have its part to play in that.

Will be gutted to see him go…. But if he wants to leave and we can make some sort of profit then I guess it’s good business all round.

And for what it’s worth if we do re invest wisely I don’t think we will be too far off Villa next season anyway. Think Europe will have its part to play in that.

Villa’s midfield and attack is so much better than ours. They’re doing good business and even with Europe they’ll challenge the top 6. I’d be surprised if we’re top half unless we somehow magic up some top notch forward players

Villa’s midfield and attack is so much better than ours. They’re doing good business and even with Europe they’ll challenge the top 6. I’d be surprised if we’re top half unless we somehow magic up some top notch forward players
If we keep defense as it is and add some creativity/pace like what we have been linked with so far then no reason why we can’t have a much more stable season at mid table.

With Europe for Villa…. Even likely dropping into Europa half way through is going to hurt.

Challenging top 6, yes. Realistically finish anywhere between 5-8 place.

Will you though? Why?

I agree but that's really how you should look at a DM or continuity player.

A bit like a decent referee, you shouldn't be aware of them.
Agreed... But a decent box to box DM has a big influence on a game and his presence is, to some extent, noticeable.

Like a Yaya Toure... But maybe it's unfair comparing Onana to a beast like Yaya. 😂

Agreed... But a decent box to box DM has a big influence on a game and his presence is, to some extent, noticeable.

Like a Yaya Toure... But maybe it's unfair comparing Onana to a beast like Yaya. 😂
Oh couldn't agree more and that's exactly the type of player we need and what Onana isn't.

I suspect that Lampard and Dyche tried to turn him into a Viera or Toure type player when in reality he's more of a Makelele

Oh couldn't agree more and that's exactly the type of player we need and what Onana isn't.

I suspect that Lampard and Dyche tried to turn him into a Viera or Toure type player when in reality he's more of a Makelele
That's probably why Emery wants him.

He'll fit in well with the style of football he plays.

Good luck to him I guess.
Except when Villa play us of course.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.