2023/24 Amadou Onana

He's got the potential to go onto greater things, even his detractors must be able to admit that.

I have some reservations about him, he showed moments of potentially what he could be, but like a lot of younger players the consistency wasn't always there.

Just have to hope the money is spent, and spent well to ensure his sale strengthens the side.

I know there are some bad meffs but I don’t think that’s really true as a generalisation. After the turmoil of the last few years, there’s a desperate desire for some stability (which, under Dyche, means nothing better than Dycheball), but if we get that, then surely every fan* wants us to be a better footballing side?

I mean, I’d like that now but not if it’s at the cost of more points deductions or a Bobby Brown Shoes style collapse in defence.

*meffs excepted
Don’t think wearing smelly clothes means you want Everton to be crap at footy but you never know

German media seem to think Hamburg SV get a percentage of the sale, too. Just wondered if anyone knew any more about this? Apologies if it's already been covered.

EDIT:

Actually he has.
PL:

Games: 30
Avarge mins per game: 70
Avarage rating: 7.06
Pass completion: 85%
Tackeles pg: 2.3
Ball recoveries pg: 5.8
Clearances pg: 0.8
Duels won: 66%

EFL Cup:

Games: 4
Avarge mins per game: 84
Avarage rating: 7.30
Pass completion: 81%
Tackeles pg: 2.4
Ball recoveries pg: 5.3
Clearances pg: 1
Duels won: 66%
Interceptions pg: 2
Goals: 1
Assists: 1

Also please remember that 3 of the 4 clubs we played in the League cup were PL

I like him as a player….

I think he is a good player and does add to the team and will only get better.

Think he is the best midfielder we have.

Expect to see him flourish in a Villa side.
What special attributes did he show that made you think he added to the team with them?

Onana probably has slightly higher hopes for himself than Michael Keane and rightly so. He also wasn’t born in the north west of England so literally has no good reason why he’d be interested in staying long term at Everton.
Man. City are in the north west of England and would be a good reason for him to stay long term with them, unfortunately City are well out of Onana’s capabilities!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.