2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Europe for Villa…. Even likely dropping into Europa half way through is going to hurt.

Challenging top 6, yes. Realistically finish anywhere between 5-8 place.
FYI - Champions League new format is a 36 team mega-league all the way until Feb. No-one drops into Europa League any more.

It will definitely hurt Villa in the Premier League.

FYI - Champions League new format is a 36 team mega-league all the way until Feb. No-one drops into Europa League any more.

Fair enough…. Don’t pay too much attention to European competition for obvious reasons.

But makes sense it’s going to hinder them. Just look at Newcastle who I would argue are a better side.

Why should it? Its a minimum of 8 games. Last season we played 12 games in Europe and only faltered when injuries and tiredness caught up with us. If we get to play 12 games in Europe next season we'll have just played the quarter-finals. i doubt we'll have the same injury record again and are building a squad to cover injuries next time round.

Why should it? Its a minimum of 8 games. Last season we played 12 games in Europe and only faltered when injuries and tiredness caught up with us. If we get to play 12 games in Europe next season we'll have just played the quarter-finals. i doubt we'll have the same injury record again and are building a squad to cover injuries next time round.
Well the games are going to be harder than hibs and legia Warsaw so it’s probably going to take more of a toll. It’s not a criticism of villa it affects everyone even the best teams just look how much klopp and guardiola whinge about the fixture list every year.

Well the games are going to be harder than hibs and legia Warsaw so it’s probably going to take more of a toll. It’s not a criticism of villa it affects everyone even the best teams just look how much klopp and guardiola whinge about the fixture list every year.
Games on a Thursday in the Europa Conference is brutal compared to Champions League Tuesday and Wednesday .

I'd like to see Onana leave and we get 50 million. He didn't really impress me last season and I question his hunger in many games, same during Euros.

Games on a Thursday in the Europa Conference is brutal compared to Champions League Tuesday and Wednesday .
It is if you have to play your best team but villa were able to rest players for some of the European games and still get through which I doubt will happen in the champions league but like I said it’s not a criticism or a hope just a comment that trying to compete in two very tough competitions at the same time isn’t easy.

It is if you have to play your best team but villa were able to rest players for some of the European games and still get through which I doubt will happen in the champions league but like I said it’s not a criticism or a hope just a comment that trying to compete in two very tough competitions at the same time isn’t easy.
No played a strong team throughout and had key players out in Mings , Buendia, Ramsey, and later in the Season Kamara . The way Emery sets up the team helps in that respect the team conserves energy and resting on the ball yes we play a high line but we don’t really press like say a Newcastle it’s a structured and disciplined system to control the game lowering the tempo in short it’s a more European style . We had some difficult games in Europe Legia Warsaw were a challenge it’s easy to think it’s a breeze before you’re actually in it a lot of us Villa fans thought it would be a case of fielding a second string team in Europe but Saturday and Sunday in the premier league was easier on the nerves than the Europa conference .

No played a strong team throughout and had key players out in Mings , Buendia, Ramsey, and later in the Season Kamara . The way Emery sets up the team helps in that respect the team conserves energy and resting on the ball yes we play a high line but we don’t really press like say a Newcastle it’s a structured and disciplined system to control the game lowering the tempo in short it’s a more European style . We had some difficult games in Europe Legia Warsaw were a challenge it’s easy to think it’s a breeze before you’re actually in it a lot of us Villa fans thought it would be a case of fielding a second string team in Europe but Saturday and Sunday in the premier league was easier on the nerves than the Europa conference .
Ok no worries you’ll be fine then and probably win both trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.