2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana probably has slightly higher hopes for himself than Michael Keane and rightly so. He also wasn’t born in the north west of England so literally has no good reason why he’d be interested in staying long term at Everton.
Oh, I agree with that. I was just making the point that the money isn’t the motivating factor people think it is. The agents always want more but any half decent player wants the higher profile more, because they’re already raking it in.

Wowzers that quite the tale.
Appreciate stats don’t always tell the full story but that’s quite compelling when considering how badly we would miss him.
Yes they are terrible stats and whilst you can’t blame him exclusively and there is always context to those stats - to a degree it is consistent with many posters in here in assessing his on the pitch effort and performance. The guy has all the physical attributes to be a successful midfielder, whether he had the mentality is another matter. It will be interesting to see how he does with AV where, as people expect he will play that proper 6 role.

Doesn't paint the whole picture and it's not something to use against him...

But it does edge towards him not being someone we'd massively miss.
Yeah doesn't define him as a bad player but certainly not the right guy for this team. I think those numbers explain why we put up little resistance to him leaving and why we were happy to accept the first reasonable offer.

It also puts his context how we look to replace him - we maybe aren't looking for a like for like "Onana replacement" but for people with different abilities that more closely match what we need.

Yeah doesn't define him as a bad player but certainly not the right guy for this team. I think those numbers explain why we put up little resistance to him leaving and why we were happy to accept the first reasonable offer.

It also puts his context how we look to replace him - we maybe aren't looking for a like for like "Onana replacement" but for people with different abilities that more closely match what we need.

Personally think we need someone similar to a Hojberg. Good technical player but also a ball winner

"When I’m not happy, you’ll see it out there on the pitch. I won’t be performing. So I take it as easy as I can and don’t really put pressure on myself" ... Amadou Onana
Not sure what that means. Is he happy and performing, not happy and not performing, not happy and still performing, thus making him a hypocrite, happy and not performing, thus still making him a hypocrite.....

giphy.gif

All that's certain is that he's taking it easy and not putting pressure on himself....

Not sure what that means. Is he happy and performing, not happy and not performing, not happy and still performing, thus making him a hypocrite, happy and not performing, thus still making him a hypocrite.....

giphy.gif

All that's certain is that he's taking it easy and not putting pressure on himself....
It means he's a flake who you can't rely on when the chips are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.