2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

1: Just taking the £33mil and the £55mil sale price (per Bobble) we've made 65% revenue on the fees.

2: The "excuses" have been:
A: He's 20-22 years old
B: He's being played out of position
C: He's rarely been used in a defensive role
D: The team 'strategy' isnt helping midfielders

Are they "excuses" or facts?

3: All of those elite teams (and more) have been linked by reputable media sources. You're talking as if i'm making this up lol

4: The benchmark fees of players actually used in defensive midfield positions e.g Rice, Caicedo, Lavia and even Ugarte in comparison to Onana's fee highlight a lower than market fee. However, when many others have posted stats he is clearly up there and superior to most comparables in the league.

For a player who is "terrible" and you clearly HATE I'd say the joke is on you.

MY club has turned over 65% revenue generation on a player you deem to be useless.

MY club has received a club record transfer fee from a champions league team for him.

MY club has seen one of the most respected DOFs (not including Roma fans view) and Managers make that record offer...

...but yet YOU think he's rubbish.

YOU prefer to make obnoxious posts and wish we'd sold him for a loss just so you'd be right.

YOU are the problem here, not me.

Not his game to "adapt to the system" though is it. Look at Veron at United?

Gana is classed as a DM by many here but is he? He is effective by running around alot as a 'hunter' and 'press machine'. He's not a DM who sits back and mops up. How would Gana do as in that role = terribly as its not his game.

The same can be said for wanting Onana to play like Gana.

1000% correct. Its not only the starting position as a CM where he's misused, its also the strategy of Dyche using the wrong players defensively, box-to-box and sitting back/pressing.

The amount of times Gana or Garner were tasked to play more defensively when Onana is the only DM of the 3 was mind blowing.

"We are using Onana in a variety of positions to improve his all-round game"

--both Lampard and Dyche said this.

Why not just use him in the correct position and role? Its utter madness.

We'll see Villa use him correctly.
Lots of waffle here but it’s quite simple.. If he’s as great as you say, can you please explain why none of the top clubs you said were in for him actually bid for him? Let alone the numbers Caicedo and Rice market value prices you compare him too.

Onana is a decent defensive midfielder for blocks, interceptions and recovery and adds height at both ends of the pitch… But I suspect the reason the top prem sides haven’t gone for him is they will typically need one player to play the DM role and I’m not sure he has shown he is positionally sound enough or switched on enough and occasionally avoids taking responsibility for something he should be dealing with personally.

He’s also, IMO, rubbish in transition.

I also don’t think he played much of a part in our two periods of excellent form last season - either injured or benched. For that reason I don’t think he’ll be missed, results seemed better without him.

Lots of waffle here but it’s quite simple.. If he’s as great as you say, can you please explain why none of the top clubs you said were in for him actually bid for him? Let alone the numbers Caicedo and Rice market value prices you compare him too.
Neither of whom are DM despite what Zat thinks, one look at Rice in the Euros shows you he is no DM.

Feels like a weird move this....

Probably just a bit of arrogance wondering why we seem to be selling our so called better players to clubs we were recently ahead of....

Feels like the pienaar type sale to spurs when we were competing

Onana is a decent defensive midfielder for blocks, interceptions and recovery and adds height at both ends of the pitch… But I suspect the reason the top prem sides haven’t gone for him is they will typically need one player to play the DM role and I’m not sure he has shown he is positionally sound enough or switched on enough and occasionally avoids taking responsibility for something he should be dealing with personally.

He’s also, IMO, rubbish in transition.

I also don’t think he played much of a part in our two periods of excellent form last season - either injured or benched. For that reason I don’t think he’ll be missed, results seemed better without him.
He’s definitely not going to be missed. Whether that’s a good thing or not is probably up for debate.

We’re garbage in transition on the whole. Which makes me insane because I swear Dyche talks about it every week. And then every week we get slaughtered on counters if we dare to step up at all and waste our opportunities over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back