2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with the player in question.

It's the fact that he's gone to *Villa* as a step up in his career. 5 years ago they were finishing 5th in the Championship ffs. Such an indictment of the way we've been absolutely run into the ground, and of what a competent operator COULD have done with us.

Well I suppose if you’re looking at it like that. It does go to show exactly how incompetent Moshiri is as an owner.

I've never been less bothered to lose a *top" player for a big fee.

He produced virtually nothing for us and his contribution can and will be easily replaced.

I'm not saying that he isn't a talented player or that he won't go on to have a decent career but the reality is that in his 75 games for us there isn't a single one in which he took the game by the scruff of its neck and made a memorable contribution.

To make a very decent profit in those circumstances, particularly in our financial position, is to be welcomed .

I think we all had high hopes for this lad, alas it was not to be. Maybe the style we played didn’t suit him, but he just never seem to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

His legacy will be missing a penalty to put us in a cup semi final.

£50m will do very nicely.

Did OK here but not fantastic.

It's a very good fee for the club

IF

We can now reinvest most of the money.

We will need a midfield replacement and a goal scoring wide forward or winger.
We also need another CB we are one injury or suspension away from Keane /Holgate rearing their useless heads again

Shame, genuinely would've taken him at Arsenal, but I think the price possibly put us off, Great price for him though!

Interesting to see how Unai develops him.

I dont see us looking back and saying "Oh if only we had kept Onana- he really did that well" Clearly he will be a player but never really showed it for us. As long as dyche doesn't think dropping doucoure back 10 yards will be his replacement....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back