2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Garner is our best player aside from Braithwaithe and Pickford tbh.
Really, he runs around and works hard but he offers nothing for me.

I dont think he has any quality about him with the ball

I suppose he is perfect for Dyche team.

Years ago we were losing our better players to the likes of United and City.
Now the likes of Spurs and Villa are taking our better players. Think that says more about us than the players leaving.

Years ago we were losing our better players to the likes of United and City.
Now the likes of Spurs and Villa are taking our better players. Think that says more about us than the players leaving.
To be fair, both Spurs and Villa are better than United currently

Now it's official, is someone going to tell them his performance in the League Cup isn't what he plays like consistently? :oops:

Seriously, though, we're not the sort of club that can wait around for a player to magically transform into their potential overnight.

Onana is the type of player who when Villa are not in the CL (Im guessing the wont qualify this season) he will want out again at the end of next season.

Good luck to him a bit like Gordon good player will probably improve again and then get a move to a bigger club but heart is not in being with us ,move on and hopefully be able to reinvest the money

Strange one. I always thought he was going to be great, but although he did ok at times never really stood out.

Thought there’d also be a clamor for his signature tbh from some of the big boys…the fact he’s gone to villa with not much competition shows I probably overestimated his worth.

Good luck to him.
think it's a rare transfer, we're everbody wins.
We get a decent fee.
He really wasn't fitting in to are present system.
He gets a move to a good club on the up and in Europe.
They get a player that will do a decent job and has the ability to get a lot better .
Suspect with better players around him (Villa have at the moment. )
He could go onto be a star.

Really, he runs around and works hard but he offers nothing for me.

I dont think he has any quality about him with the ball

I suppose he is perfect for Dyche team.

I think he's very good on it mate, people see things different, I think he's massively restricted due to there being zero pace in the side and us literally playing in that number ten role a guy who doesn't even know where he's going most of the time himself never mind others trying to figure out where's he's off.

Things I see in Garner, the one player whose always checking to get it forward, often simply put no runners ahead though, very rarely loses the ball stupidly, sets the press for the team, good range of passing and likes to get forward when allowed by the system and get into the box on well timed runs

If anything rather than him being a perfect Dyche player, I think the system and role restricts him overall.

Our poorest run last season I think coincided with him looking absolutely ran into the ground as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back