2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, he runs around and works hard but he offers nothing for me.

I dont think he has any quality about him with the ball

I suppose he is perfect for Dyche team.

Weird analogy incoming, I think he's more bracewell being asked to do the Reid roll.

Not comparing him ability wise btw just trying to get my meaning across

Reactions: JLW

Good player, when i reflect on the signing it was the wrong one in my opinion, it was big money for someone who wasn't a priority or a priority position.

It left the squad terribly under balanced, lacking in forwards and creative players - where the resources really should of gone.

Good player and im a fan of his, but i dont think we should have signed him.

Said this the other and its where I'm at with it, good player, but not the player or position we needed to prioritise or commit a huge part of our resources to, then or now.

Forward positions and creativity were and are still a priority in my opinion, hopefully this sale may finally rebalance it.

Best of luck to him & wish him well.

Last edited:
I think he's very good on it mate, people see things different, I think he's massively restricted due to there being zero pace in the side and us literally playing in that number ten role a guy who doesn't even know where he's going most of the time himself never mind others trying to figure out where's he's off.

Things I see in Garner, the one player whose always checking to get it forward, often simply put no runners ahead though, very rarely loses the ball stupidly, sets the press for the team, good range of passing and likes to get forward when allowed by the system and get into the box on well timed runs

If anything rather than him being a perfect Dyche player, I think the system and role restricts him overall.

Our poorest run last season I think coincided with him looking absolutely ran into the ground as well.
For me he is one of the players that always looks busy but does nothing. (Similar to Jack Harrison on the eye)

I cant remember him dictating a game from the middle of the park, his work rate is great, not knocking that but in possession i haven't seen anything that excites me at all.

Not sure what he really offers when we have possession of the ball (I know its rare) its all a bit meh that you could thousands of players to do from all over the country and europe.

Thats just my opinion mate.

Very happy this has gone through. £50m is way over what I think he is currently worth so we've done very well out of it.

No hard feelings towards him but I found him a frustrating player. You could see he had the makings of a very decent player but for whatever reason he just couldn't produce consistently enough.

At 22 he can still turn it around and push on, but equally, he's only a couple of years away from not being able to hide behind that.

Personally don't think he will be a Champions League level player. He's a top half standard player at the moment, that is all.

It was good business by Everton to buy him and now sell on for a good profit given that PSR has become such a central consideration in a clubs activities.

A player who would appear to have enormous potential but to be honest we didn't see enough of it.
Still a very young man and has plenty of time to develop to a point where 50m seems a bargain.

I wish him well but I don't regret the sale.

It also gives us a much stronger hand when dealing in the transfer market both incoming and outgoing.

If we can make 20 profit on every player we buy and resell then our problems will soon be behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back