2023/24 Amadou Onana

Please give specific examples of when his attitude stank?

I get how the technique can be seen as arrogant but I just don't see a poor attitude in the player.
He was one of our better players yesterday. He has been good in pretty much all the games he's played this season.

There seems to be a dislike of him by some of our fans. Saw 2 fellas at the ground yesterday as I was leaving. First was screaming obscenities at him as he was applauding the fans (admittedly after the penalty miss) and the second was saying they never want to see him in an Everton shirt ever again. Given the absolute gash we've had playing for us over the last few years, that seems like a massive overreaction.

Coming out of the ground a fella behind was saying Onana wanted to pass the ball into the net and stand with his arms folded in front of the Gwladys Street for his big "look at me" moment. Can't think of a better assessment.

Big performance against Spurs and put all this behind you Amadou, that’s what really matters

Well it’s not really, I mean I would hope he’d give his best performance against Spurs regardless of what happened last night. He could have put us through last night with a competent penalty and put in a good performance v Spurs.

In reality it looks likely we’ll stay up this season so when it comes to the end of the season that moment is very very influential in a negative manner on the season’s outcomes. We have three opportunities per season to win a trophy, one of them being extremely unlikely, when you have a kick to get into the semi final of the easiest one of the three to win and you address it the way he did then quite simply putting in a decent shift in the next league game does not make up for that. He cost the club quite simply and he needs to repay that back over a long period now before people forget it.

He was one of our better players yesterday. He has been good in pretty much all the games he's played this season.

There seems to be a dislike of him by some of our fans. Saw 2 fellas at the ground yesterday as I was leaving. First was screaming obscenities at him as he was applauding the fans (admittedly after the penalty miss) and the second was saying they never want to see him in an Everton shirt ever again. Given the absolute gash we've had playing for us over the last few years, that seems like a massive overreaction.
Great sporting coaches would sell him in January. For example in American Football, Bill Belichick would dispose of any player the next day bar Tom Brady if that player decided they were more important than the team. The mantra being do your job and the standard is the standard. They won 6 Superbowls.

I don't agree with fans abusing him in any way. However, I would sell him in January and keep Branthwaite.

Great sporting coaches would sell him in January. For example in American Football, Bill Belichick would dispose of any player the next day bar Tom Brady if that player decided they were more important than the team. The mantra being do your job and the standard is the standard. They won 6 Superbowls.

I don't agree with fans abusing him in any way. However, I would sell him in January and keep Branthwaite.
I'd rather we kept both.

There's nothing to suggest that onana thinks he's more important than the team. That's a huge leap to take after a poor penalty.

Well it’s not really, I mean I would hope he’d give his best performance against Spurs regardless of what happened last night. He could have put us through last night with a competent penalty and put in a good performance v Spurs.

In reality it looks likely we’ll stay up this season so when it comes to the end of the season that moment is very very influential in a negative manner on the season’s outcomes. We have three opportunities per season to win a trophy, one of them being extremely unlikely, when you have a kick to get into the semi final of the easiest one of the three to win and you address it the way he did then quite simply putting in a decent shift in the next league game does not make up for that. He cost the club quite simply and he needs to repay that back over a long period now before people forget it.
He missed a penalty in a penalty shoot out, it’s disappointing but it happens

Avoiding relegation is way more important, I’m not as confident as you that we will