2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just laughing at your earlier post Victus, you thought he did well, I saw the same Onana I always see whether for Everton or Belgium, never does enough, hardly breaks sweat and yet he professes he wants to impress the top clubs in Europe in order to play for them, he’ll have to do a bleedin’ lot better than that performance tonight— — has he got it in him?
Yeah not like he wasn't bombing back in the 90th minute to win the ball back on their break. I feel like you want him to play a role he isn't asked to?

Yeah not like he wasn't bombing back in the 90th minute to win the ball back on their break. I feel like you want him to play a role he isn't asked to?
Bombing back once in the last minutes of the game - Wow, that will impress plenty of clubs, the quicker the better.
I want him to play like a proper footballer and show the potential he’s obviously got throughout the game not in fleeting moments.

He's an international quality midfielder (as can be seen by the fact he is a starter for Belgium), however he has all the attributes to be world class and that's the frustration. He looks for the simple passes and doesn't seem to want to get on the front foot enough.

That performance isn't going to add millions to his value.

He's an international quality midfielder (as can be seen by the fact he is a starter for Belgium), however he has all the attributes to be world class and that's the frustration. He looks for the simple passes and doesn't seem to want to get on the front foot enough.

But but but Zat said he’s an £120m+ player for Belgium. Prime Ruud Gullit he makes out.. He’s not for us because of Dyche.

I just don’t think he has the range of passing, the shooting, speed of thought or actually the desire required to get to world class.

I just don’t think he has the range of passing, the shooting, speed of thought or actually the desire required to get to world class.

He's kinda one of those players you put attributes in footy manager and you get a 2 star player with 4 potential overall.

Still stick with the fact any top team who wants him shouldn't/won't buy him to push them on but will be a squad player to develop and cover games over a season.

But part of it is his own doing. Reason why he was in and out of the side for us is that we have better players for individual roles.

….terrific run in the final minutes to dispossess the forward on the edge of the box.
...and for me, that's one of the 2 things he does very well, the other being turning with the ball to carry it forward. Needs to add some more elements to his game, but suspect he never will.

There's a half an hour pundits preview before matches here and I only listened to this one to hear what they'd say about Onana.

One of them praised him and said "He's had an amazing season" Honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back