2023/24 Andre Gomes

The ball to put Harrison clean through was absolutely ridiculous.

There's no one else in the squad who can see it, let alone execute it.

He's dreadful in the middle because he can be bypassed so easily and I just couldn't see how he could work as a 10 as he can barely press. Yet he pressed better than he's ever done before, got a great assist that was disallowed, Harrison should have done miles better with the first one, scored a great goal and also had another shot which should have been a corner.

It's a ridiculous come back game tbf and I said in the match thread I thought Dyche was taking the piss bringing him on instead of a forward. It was a great sub and his best performance at Everton, even better than the rs away as he missed an absolute sitter in that game.
The thing is, he is very very strong in close quarters so you don't really want to be taking the ball with him behind you if he's close because he can easily disposess you as he did for the disallowed goal. His problem in midfield is that he can't cover ground when the game gets stretched and he gets easily run past. That's less of a problem in the ten role as defenders/DMs are less likely to run/dribble near their own goal and even if they beat him we have a load of players behind him so it's not fatal and we have time to get back in shape. We knocked it round superbly from the moment he came on today. At the end of his loan spell we were desperate to sign him and we thought we had pulled off a massive coup. He's a very high class player (I think G.Neville said this and he managed him at Valencia) but he needs to be in the right team and the right system where his weaknesses won't get exposed.

Always said on here he's got the best football brain at the club, but was slow maybe after injury.bloody looks fit now to me flipping ell mad

If he's buying into what Dyche is doing he could be such a valuable option for us. I'm not getting hopes up given his history but its good to, at the very least, have an alternative in midfield for the next few games, and take it from there.

If he's buying into what Dyche is doing he could be such a valuable option for us. I'm not getting hopes up given his history but its good to, at the very least, have an alternative in midfield for the next few games, and take it from there.
If we have Onana and Garner behind him teams aren't going to cut through our midfield. They are two of the quickest centre mids in the league. He could be a very viable option in that number 10 role instead of Doucoure. His class on the ball is absolutely without question and we need to utilise it if we can.

 When he's playing like this...or being allowed to play like this by the opposition he's quite good.
But he shouldn't be allowed in our half as he's a danger, a free kick waiting to happen.

But just remember he's had 2 good games in what? 4 and a half yrs
Both times when he's been in the market for a full time contract or renewal

Just sayin like*

*Maybe Dyche has 'rebuilt' him, maybe Dyche can and will rebuild Dele too - (both have to want to be rebuilt though)
It would be great if it happened

It would also be great (well for me anyway) for Taylor Swift to sit on my face.

How likely is even one of those - let alone all three

Like Meatloaf, I'd think 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Great hair though.

Game changer today, robbed for the assist, great goal. I think if he can stay fit he adds another dimension to the team. We have nothing like him so he is a great option. It’s about having the system to fit him.

when Gomes plays well he glides across the pitch, looks fantastic. He is sublime.
He looks exposed when we are in a backs the wall tactical war. Where everyone has to put himself on the line.
Unfortunately when you are relegation fodder Gomes is not what you need.
Hopefully we have a player now that can contribute in games when we need a she against teams we have been dominating but not had the sparkle to finish off