Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the case mate. We increased our offer, in lieu of tons of add ons they wanted.

Considering our lack of ready cash wouldn't we be better having a lower up front offer but more add-ons, we might not end up having to pay them, and if we do it's because we're doing well so worth it.

Unless they are crazy like 1 million if he scores a goal.

I'm sure with the 3 million we'll save from meeting Dinamo's demands we can find a world beater somewhere.

Also our reputation as negotiation powerhouses is safe. Who do these Ukrainians think they are getting the best deal for their club.

Argentinian cb no one had heard of who may be pretty gash according to knowledgeable people on SA footy, Striker from a team no one has ever heard of whose goalscoring rate in Uruguay is about 1 in 7, and not yarmolenko as the third, honestly though we have gerri back with his 3 minute cameos when were losing so all is fine and dandy

Roll on this Brazillian midget he will terrify the likes of Toure

Argentinian cb no one had heard of who may be pretty gash according to knowledgeable people on SA footy, Striker from a team no one has ever heard of whose goalscoring rate in Uruguay is about 1 in 7, and not yarmolenko as the third, honestly though we have gerri back with his 3 minute cameos when were losing so all is fine and dandy

Roll on this Brazillian midget he will terrify the likes of Toure

He will when he rums through his legs with the ball. In perspective tho BernArd is same height as Pedro. He does ok.

Why wasn't this being sorted months ago though?

Penny pinching because our commercial performance is dismal for a club of our size.

No idea. I guess because the window is only open for a limited time though. Kiev are/have been a nightmare to deal with, so I have been told.

Oh dear. Seems daft to me Kiev aren't willing to accept 20 million for a player in the last year of his contract. He doesn't sound like he wants to stay so I can see there being another u turn in this.

One last thing - the "difficult negotiations" cop out is exactly that; a cop out.

If you want a player and consider him a key acquisition, you pay for the damn player. It's like us with Stones - if someone wants him, pay the valuation or do one.

I refuse to believe Everton haven't been aware of the valuation at all, and I'm convinced beyond any doubt we've done our usual, and that is try to pay on the drip.

This board we have are an absolute disgrace when it comes to investing money. This transfer and keeping Stones might have put us somewhere near a positive net spend over the last 15 years and actually indicated some investment in the playing squad for the first time in the modern era.

But no. Keep the TV money, OOC the hell out of it and business as normal.

Do one Kenwright you absolute charlatan.
Amen to that brother.

*raises glass*

Prob wrong here but the way I see it is ...

Their chairman wants to sell, why would the manager come out and say he wants to keep the player if he wasn't worried the chairman is going to sell him? They must talk to each other so he'll have some idea on the chairman's position, so my guess is the chairman wants to sell or is at the very least open to talks.

The club have been going on about only selling him to a prestigious club, not because they care what club he goes to, if they did and the player wanted to come to us they'd let him, because they think they'll get a higher bid plus it allays annoyance to their own fans, who'll be more understanding if it's to a Man Utd than us, etc.

The chairman is faffing around and delaying in the hope that a big club come in with a higher offer. He knows he's got a quality player to sell and he's trying to draw out the best bid. He'll prob give it a few days to see if any higher bids come in, if they don't I think he will sell to us. We're trying to call his bluff by feigning interest in another play in order to force his hand before any other such bid\club comes in.

From our point of view it's annoying as fans but we just have to hope their chairman gives in.

Any further news mate? yeah that desperate atm for anything positive

Nope. Just what I posted earlier. Kiev want tons of add ons, we aint so keen, so increased the upfront. Was told at lunchtime Kiev were considering that, and the same story was in the Echo at 4.00, and then in that tweet at 6 ish.

The info, limited though it is, has been 100% on the money for days, and I have posted it. Like I have said, the source approached me/us about an update on Stones, and from that he has mentioned stuff about Yarmolenko. All of which has been hours ahead of stuff that gets tweeted or that.

We'll regret this one. In 2 or 3 years, this is a transfer that we'll look back on and wonder where we could of been with him in our team.

Strongly believe we are missing out on this chance. Sick and kin tired of it

Nope. Just what I posted earlier. Kiev want tons of add ons, we aint so keen, so increased the upfront. Was told at lunchtime Kiev were considering that, and the same story was in the Echo at 4.00, and then in that tweet at 6 ish.

The info, limited though it is, has been 100% on the money for days, and I have posted it. Like I have said, the source approached me/us about an update on Stones, and from that he has mentioned stuff about Yarmolenko. All of which has been hours ahead of stuff that gets tweeted or that.

Cheers mate, for the life of me i cannot understand why we would have an issue with addons though to the extent of actually offering them a higher guaranteed payment, just flies in the face of what we know about our past transfers.

Unless ofc their asking for some really massive payments for trivial targets

Got to the point now where i'd say just give them what they want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back