Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate, for the life of me i cannot understand why we would have an issue with addons though to the extent of actually offering them a higher guaranteed payment, just flies in the face of what we know about our past transfers.

Unless ofc their asking for some really massive payments for trivial targets

That is the problem; We dont know what the add ons were. Like, in hindsight, we would probably have paid a few bob more for Stones, than now fret about how much we would have to pay Barnsley if he goes.

Nope. Just what I posted earlier. Kiev want tons of add ons, we aint so keen, so increased the upfront. Was told at lunchtime Kiev were considering that, and the same story was in the Echo at 4.00, and then in that tweet at 6 ish.

The info, limited though it is, has been 100% on the money for days, and I have posted it. Like I have said, the source approached me/us about an update on Stones, and from that he has mentioned stuff about Yarmolenko. All of which has been hours ahead of stuff that gets tweeted or that.
Nice itkage. What's the info on stones? Staying and that's that or are the board fishing for a payday?

I suspect Roberto would have confirmed the deal was dead if it was.... The complete lack of questions about it suggest it is something being done behind the scenes, especially given that the only place the Echo got that story from was the club itself....

"We dilly,we dally" as the old song goes,christ every deal is so protracted with us:(

Not this time we haven't. We've gone straight in with a good offer, had two or three days of talks, then as soon as it became clear that there were serious obstacles we're threatening to walk away and move on to the next target rather than spend time in fruitless negotiations. Sometimes walking away from a bad deal can be the strong decisive thing to do.

Read this over in another forum a day or so ago...makes sense after today's development...

"I don't know if we are trying so sign him or not ... I guess we are trying ... anyway:

Apparently Dynamo are very demanding and hard to negotiate with:

1. They want a high fee.
2. They want all or a high percentage upfront.
3. On top of the fee they want bonuses based on how we perform..
4. Then they want a high sell-on percentage ...

there is probably something else ... so, not easy and not likely to happen, or what do others think?"

I suspect Roberto would have confirmed the deal was dead if it was.... The complete lack of questions about it suggest it is something being done behind the scenes, especially given that the only place the Echo got that story from was the club itself....

I would go with that. Not dead, but a bit away from a shirt photo.

It does sound like a ploy by us to tell their nutty owner enough is enough, we have heard he's been bumping the price up and is a prime fruit loop to deal with.

Let's call his bluff, if he's prepared to let him walk for free in 12 months when we've offered 15-20m then he needs sectioning.

That is the problem; We dont know what the add ons were. Like, in hindsight, we would probably have paid a few bob more for Stones, than now fret about how much we would have to pay Barnsley if he goes.

That's the trouble, we have no idea what his demands were. What if he insisted on a £20m release clause, would you agree to it knowing the fans would be up in arms if it's triggered in a years' time?

It does sound like a ploy by us to tell their nutty owner enough is enough, we have heard he's been bumping the price up and is a prime fruit loop to deal with.

Let's call his bluff, if he's prepared to let him walk for free in 12 months when we've offered 15-20m then he needs sectioning.

I think there is also a gallery he has to play to. The player is loved by Kiev fans, so appearing to roll over when an English club comes knocking, well, he has to play the hard nut I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back