Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarmolenko has 3 goals and 2 assists already THIS season and finished last season with 14 goals and 14 assists in the Russian league as well as 4 goals and 7 assists in the Europa League.

giphy.gif

What is Bernard's assist count?

5 assists in the league last season. 2/5 in the CL and 1/4 in the Ukranian Cup.

The season before 7 assists and 2 goals in 18 league matches.

So, it looks like 16 goals and 19 assists in 73 games for Shakhtar and 6 goals and 16 assists for his Brazilian club. It's starting to look more respectable, and I know he's only 22, but I'm not convinced. I hadn't appreciated how young he was at the last World Cup, but I thought he looked light-weight and ineffective. I haven't seen anything that makes me think that he could seriously rival Oscar or Countinho.

So, it looks like 16 goals and 19 assists in 73 games for Shakhtar and 6 goals and 16 assists for his Brazilian club. It's starting to look more .

So 22 goals, 35 assists.

His wiki says 169 apps and 42 goals, doesn't count assists, but the figure probably higher (guess at 40 perhaps) and he's 22 years old?

I recent that's pretty decent.

So 22 goals, 35 assists.

His wiki says 169 apps and 42 goals, doesn't count assists, but the figure probably higher (guess at 40 perhaps) and he's 22 years old?

I recent that's pretty decent.

I think that Shakhtar bought him for £17.5m and he's been injured for a spell. Given that he's still not the finished article and he gives me the impression that he could be the next Stephen Hughes I'd be very wary of us investing so heavily in him. If his stats were phenomenal it might be worth the risk.

I reckon the deal for Andriy is still on. I think the reason it's taking so long is that it's actually a massive move for him, his club and his country. He's arguably his national teams best player, he's only ever played for the club he supports and he is loved by everyone in Ukraine. I'm sure the emotional toll it's taken on him is big. But I think it'll happen, at the end of the day. He's ambitious and dreams of playing in England and the Kyiv president wants to cash in. Bernard isn't a goer.

Some of the tears in here after the BS report from the Echo are hilarious.

Wipe your eyes off and save your tissues - you're going to be needing them when Yarmo signs on in the next week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back