Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I would if he was.
giphy.gif

We have been / are in discussions re: signing Yarmalenko but these discussions have cooled quite recently.

Russians, football agents, primadonna wannabee superstar footballers must be difficult to deal with at the best of times, individually or collectively. The former I can vouch for.

It's business, if someone else comes in offering a better, more acceptable deal to Kiev and / or the player, then they will secure his services. If not maybe they'll accept the terms we've offered ... which from a business perspective I imagine we'll adjust at the 11th hour if we think we have the upper hand.

Same principles apply for (apparently) 3 others whom we have targeted.

Seems like the Stones Saga destabilised our transfer strategy / thinking / resources.

if we don't sign yarmelenko and not spend the money on a different player then this was all just a smokescreen created by the club. Odd how it takes over with just enough time for it to die a death just before deadline day, when there is no time to find a replacement?

I am praying for the clubs sake they spend a fair amount of money in the next 8 days, i really do! Otherwise it will be a sad sight to see my club being driven into the ground by the board. That doesn't even include any sales they may make!

Or maybe, the Ukranians are as tough negotiators as everyone seems to make out?

Not everything has to be spun to fit the anti-board rhetoric.

if we don't sign yarmelenko and not spend the money on a different player then this was all just a smokescreen created by the club. Odd how it takes over with just enough time for it to die a death just before deadline day, when there is no time to find a replacement?

I am praying for the clubs sake they spend a fair amount of money in the next 8 days, i really do! Otherwise it will be a sad sight to see my club being driven into the ground by the board. That doesn't even include any sales they may make!

Have the club even mentioned this guy?

I would assume teams like Kiev are in an immediate power position because of the money they hold.

They are only selling out of duty to Yarmolenko. They don't need to sell.
It was never going to be a quick deal. If it happens, then I'll be delighted. If it doesn't I won't be protesting that it was smoke and mirrors.

Or maybe, the Ukranians are as tough negotiators as everyone seems to make out?

Not everything has to be spun to fit the anti-board rhetoric.

Definitely this mate.

As far as I can make out the Kiev chairman bloke only wants him to go to a top team. Then Roma started sniffing about and have messed it up a bit.

Then I think there would be issues with sell on clauses as Kiev will definitely not see him at is for too long and will want some of the profit we'd make.

A very very complicated deal.

Definitely this mate.

As far as I can make out the Kiev chairman bloke only wants him to go to a top team. Then Roma started sniffing about and have messed it up a bit.

Then I think there would be issues with sell on clauses as Kiev will definitely not see him at is for too long and will want some of the profit we'd make.

A very very complicated deal.

Surely it's more logical for them to sell him to a "stepping stone" team like ours then?

You're either getting £15-20m now from a big team and that's it, or you're getting £15-20m from us and then when/if he moves to a massive team a % sell on bonus. Financially makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back