Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely this mate.

As far as I can make out the Kiev chairman bloke only wants him to go to a top team. Then Roma started sniffing about and have messed it up a bit.

Then I think there would be issues with sell on clauses as Kiev will definitely not see him at is for too long and will want some of the profit we'd make.

A very very complicated deal.

The roma interest is pure bollox mate, mail took it from some turd twitter account - think that efc one which is basically using the stories from june as thats the only credible link from roma, utter clickbait trolls, roma are supposed to be broke anyway and are commited to paying for one of their transfers next season bit like happened with negredo

Surely it's more logical for them to sell him to a "stepping stone" team like ours then?

You're either getting £15-20m now from a big team and that's it, or you're getting £15-20m from us and then when/if he moves to a massive team a % sell on bonus. Financially makes sense.

Sadly that's only part of it mate. Their chairman is seemingly a massive nobber.

Sadly that's only part of it mate. Their chairman is seemingly a massive nobber.

That i will agree with, on the spin side though he is talking to us, and as a club who always tries to get every penny from our sales i can respect him doing similar

Put this into context, we are basically offering them the same we bought mccarthy for, half of what we sold fellaini for, the same as we got for anichebe and jelavic sales combined, the same we sold rodwell for etc etc.

Puts the money into context and why i believe we should just pay what they ask

Surely it's more logical for them to sell him to a "stepping stone" team like ours then?

You're either getting £15-20m now from a big team and that's it, or you're getting £15-20m from us and then when/if he moves to a massive team a % sell on bonus. Financially makes sense.

Bear in mind he signed a new contract specifically so that Kiev could claim a fee for him when he went. Kiev are making their money back, as @ijjysmith says, it's all about where they want him to play

Citing a reason for pulling out being the difficulty of dealing with kiev is absolutely unforgivable, its common knowledge how hard they are to broker deals with, so you go in commited to seeing it through or never start imo, leaving the most important piece of the summer we needed adressing to chance is disgusting

Why is everyone fuming over an echo article?? The latest, and only official indication we have of a move is Martinez saying we're close to 2-3 signings (Mori beng one), and Yarmolenko freezing up when quizzed about a move post match.

The signs are good. Negotiations over millions of pounds take time.

The Bernard link seems dubious to me as he seems similar in nature to Delofeu. Could the fact that he is a Shaktar player be relevant, are the board trying to apply pressure by intimating that they will give a direct rival the cash if we don't get to sign Yarmolenko?

Bernard is not a regular starter for Shakhtar so it wouldn't significantly weaken the side.

The Bernard link seems dubious to me as he seems similar in nature to Delofeu. Could the fact that he is a Shaktar player be relevant, are the board trying to apply pressure by intimating that they will give a direct rival the cash if we don't get to sign Yarmolenko?

Bernard is not a regular starter for Shakhtar so it wouldn't significantly weaken the side.

My guess is that you're absolutely correct. The echo often act as the mouthpiece of the club. There's a lot of posturing that goes on in these multi-million pound deals, understandably. I think we're just applying the pressure to them to get it done.

Why does he though? Is it much different to our club not wanting to sell Stones? Not having a go like, just interested in your opinion on the matter

Plus of course, you could quite feasibly argue that he's already at a better team. It's kinda tough to grumble about the financial realities of the game when this lad would be coming to us for that very thing.

Obviously I'd love to see him playing at Goodison as he's a real talent, but at the same time a part of me pines for the days when clubs could keep hold of their better players and we'd have lesser known clubs challenging for honours off the back of a really good crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back