Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus of course, you could quite feasibly argue that he's already at a better team. It's kinda tough to grumble about the financial realities of the game when this lad would be coming to us for that very thing.

Obviously I'd love to see him playing at Goodison as he's a real talent, but at the same time a part of me pines for the days when clubs could keep hold of their better players and we'd have lesser known clubs challenging for honours off the back of a really good crop.

I wouldn't necessarily say he'd be staying in a better team, but you have to wonder if not playing in Europe is playing a big part in what the Dynamo owner wants his next club to be....... Having said that i 100% agree with you in regards to clubs keeping hold of of their best players and winning honors, it's almost like the 'Bigger' teams feel they're entitled to the pick of the bunch.

what is unforgivable is that we leave it this late that should the deal collapse for what ever reason we have little to no time to get another target in. I want to believe that come 6pm on Tuesday next week we all become aware of this brilliant master plan that had been played out to perfection but i seriously doubt that will be the case

The Bernard link seems dubious to me as he seems similar in nature to Delofeu. Could the fact that he is a Shaktar player be relevant, are the board trying to apply pressure by intimating that they will give a direct rival the cash if we don't get to sign Yarmolenko?

Bernard is not a regular starter for Shakhtar so it wouldn't significantly weaken the side.
We should get Mike Bernard to have a word, he's his father for goodness sake

Ever wondered why everyone calls him Yarmalenko when is says Iarmalenko on the back of his shirt?

I is pronounced ''ee' in Russian?Ukranian therefore 'EEarmalenko sounds like Yarmalenko...the letter Y is pronounced 'oo' and is not the first letter of his name in cyrillic

I wouldn't necessarily say he'd be staying in a better team, but you have to wonder if not playing in Europe is playing a big part in what the Dynamo owner wants his next club to be....... Having said that i 100% agree with you in regards to clubs keeping hold of of their best players and winning honors, it's almost like the 'Bigger' teams feel they're entitled to the pick of the bunch.

You see what I mean though? Kiev gave us a lesson in the Europa last year, and back in the 80s they'd have kept hold of their best players and seen how they went as a team, just as we would do with Barkley, Stones etc.

Suffice to say I'll be super excited should he sign for us of course, but still... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back