Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone moaning that they are being the difficult ones, could it not be we are being the difficult ones. We do have previous with being cheaky sods when trying to make a deal

lol exactly! We're probably trying to pay in 8 million bi-monthly installments!

what is unforgivable is that we leave it this late that should the deal collapse for what ever reason we have little to no time to get another target in. I want to believe that come 6pm on Tuesday next week we all become aware of this brilliant master plan that had been played out to perfection but i seriously doubt that will be the case

yes theres no reason why the deal couldnt have fallen apart in june as opposed to the last week in august!

lol exactly! We're probably trying to pay in 8 million bi-monthly installments!

Jokes aside, it sounds like we're trying to negotiate down their proposed sell-on clause, which makes sense if it's something like 25%. I'm not sure if pretending to be in for Bernard will help. I imagine we're confident Kiev have to sell in this window and that we can wait them out.

You see what I mean though? Kiev gave us a lesson in the Europa last year, and back in the 80s they'd have kept hold of their best players and seen how they went as a team, just as we would do with Barkley, Stones etc.

Suffice to say I'll be super excited should he sign for us of course, but still... :)

Yep i do mate, but i do think we have to look at the bigger picture in terms of how much our league is viewed as a domestic league, arguably the best league in the world, consistently challenging Europa and Champions league teams.

The Ukrainian league isn't so competitive (not that i watch it) but if it was surely it would be televised more around Europe.

Would be a great signing for us a real coup, one can hope it's pulled off. ;)

Sky are pushing the Bernard interest now...

That's the thing though, next it will be all over the papers, then it will be all over twitter, in the media in the Ukraine, then someone will say it has gone from interest to we're buying him, then the whole cycle begins again to the point everyone is convinced he's coming, that leads to a thread on here, and then the fume begins...............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back