Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us have know the score here from the very start and have been adamant we wont be signing players before the deadline day if there was no outgoings.

Chelsea probably cant believe that Martinez has stood firm on Stones.

I admire RM, but I've always took the view in this window that if we wanted to land decent targets then Stones needed selling once the fee broke the £30M barrier. Not to work that way means we wait now and see if this board will stump up the tv revenue they were given (minus what Vibrac take out) and hope to spread that cash thinly on three players who wont be top notch.

I think in all honesty that's exactly where we stand right now.

The board need getting shut of if we are ever to progress...more than ever that's the case.

And we have enough if those type of those not "top notch" players already. We don't need any more .

I have to be honest, I don't see what he's up to tonight has to do with wether or not he will eventually sign for us in the window? Just means he won't sign this evening. If negotiations are still ongoing he may as well keep himself busy, no?

I have to be honest, I don't see what he's up to tonight has to do with wether or not he will eventually sign for us in the window? Just means he won't sign this evening. If negotiations are still ongoing he may as well keep himself busy, no?

I don't see anything has changed..he played over the weekend because deal hadn't been sorted, he plays in Belgium as deal hasn't been sorted. He's still their player so why shouldn't he play?

Having said that...he's still not gonna sign for us

I don't see anything has changed..he played over the weekend because deal hadn't been sorted, he plays in Belgium as deal hasn't been sorted. He's still their player so why shouldn't he play?

Because, given that he is going to sign for us which is a mighty big given, he might get circled in a friendly and the deal would then be off. Like your optimism by the way..

The only thing that's changed is all the blerts on Twitter who were going mental saying he would sign before the City game have decided that because we didn't wrap up the deal immediately without a hitch it has to be off completely... That's rarely how negotiations work even if you do agree a fee.

Many of us have know the score here from the very start and have been adamant we wont be signing players before the deadline day if there was no outgoings.

Chelsea probably cant believe that Martinez has stood firm on Stones.

I admire RM, but I've always took the view in this window that if we wanted to land decent targets then Stones needed selling once the fee broke the £30M barrier. Not to work that way means we wait now and see if this board will stump up the tv revenue they were given (minus what Vibrac take out) and hope to spread that cash thinly on three players who wont be top notch.

I think in all honesty that's exactly where we stand right now.

The board need getting shut of if we are ever to progress...more than ever that's the case.

Ive been jumped on every time ive said "we wont buy until we sell" - this is exactly how it is and principles seem to be overtaking logic here.

We keep Stones - we finish 7th - 10th again. Our defence isnt that much better with him in it, and without a very good playmaker and a winger to play when our injury-prone wingers are injured again, we can pretty much write off half the games this season against teams who come to defend against us.

But if we do get the 3 players we want / need - we could win a lot more games. If we don't we need to rely on zero injuries all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back