Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PMSL @ those blaming Bill here, I really do think all the problems lay at the feet of their owner, he just doesn't want to sell him even though the lad was promised a move and is desperate to leave.

I really do not think we are to blame here.

PMSL @ those blaming Bill here, I really do think all the problems lay at the feet of their owner, he just doesn't want to sell him even though the lad was promised a move and is desperate to leave.

I really do not think we are to blame here.

Naive not to think our board have at least some fault here mate. If we had made them a serious offer early it would have been difficult to refuse.

There's no doubt in my mind that we've tried to pay on the drip.

Naive not to think our board have at least some fault here mate. If we had made them a serious offer early it would have been difficult to refuse.

And the fans signing a petition to tell the owner to let him leave?

My guess is he's been moving the goalposts all the time to try and scupper it, the player would like to come, he wants to leave.

And then, when the deal breaks down we can say we did all we could but they were unreasonable in their negotiations. This situation isn't new to us. The only difference this year was we (certainly I) hoped of increased TV money allowing every other team in the league to spend would allow us to move forward.

Yarmolenko was pissed at not being allowed to join Stoke, after the owner said he deserved a better club.

You can see exactly how bad this owner is to deal with, he just does not want to sell the clubs star player.

Negotiations get tough.so we plant Everton looking at a midget Brazilian rumour? they counter with a Barcelona are in for him reposte?Doubt we'll ever know the real truth,but it is entertaining.

Because, given that he is going to sign for us which is a mighty big given, he might get circled in a friendly and the deal would then be off. Like your optimism by the way..

Optimism doesn't go with Optimum...as for him getting crocked, I'm really not sure if the ower/chairman/loon of Dinamo cares one jot

wish people would stop asking to lock the thread. window's only open for a week more. it will be moved by then if nothing happens or if the club come out and say "we've dropped our interest".

if you don't like it, just don't click in it, simple.

Ive been jumped on every time ive said "we wont buy until we sell" - this is exactly how it is and principles seem to be overtaking logic here.
We keep Stones - we finish 7th - 10th again. Our defence isnt that much better with him in it, and without a very good playmaker and a winger to play when our injury-prone wingers are injured again, we can pretty much write off half the games this season against teams who come to defend against us.

But if we do get the 3 players we want / need - we could win a lot more games. If we don't we need to rely on zero injuries all season.
That's been my pov all along. I hate saying 'sell Stones' or any other player because it's really not the fundamental answer. We need to keep those players ideally. But we are where we are with these carpet baggers and we need another, more short term answer or fix.

Stones is by no means a finished product an we are still pretty average to poor in defence with him there. We need far more creativity up the pitch than we do Stones in defence atm. Another CB could come in and do a job for us in his absence.

Anyway, that's all by the by now, because we didn't choose to go down that route and now the opportunity to spend any Stones money is rapidly vanishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back