Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
wish people would stop asking to lock the thread. window's only open for a week more. it will be moved by then if nothing happens or if the club come out and say "we've dropped our interest".

if you don't like it, just don't click in it, simple.

That's impossible when people are desperate for the player, but the deal is dead.

Locking it moves everything to the transfer window thread until something comes up - so I don't have to check two threads for news when one is pointless.

Negotiations get tough.so we plant Everton looking at a midget Brazilian rumour? they counter with a Barcelona are in for him reposte?Doubt we'll ever know the real truth,but it is entertaining.

Thats what I believe is happening, it seems to happen in a lot of transfers where its on, its off, well we are looking at someone else now, they are selling to them now, oh no its actually back on. it seems to be a game of one-up-manship played by agents and we are just seeing it from our perspective for the first time.

Everton: Ill give you €20mill
Kiev: Ok all up front
Everton: No, half now half later
Kiev: No, all up front
Everton: Ok, see you later, lets see if one of your bigggest rivals wants the money?
Kiev: Well, we will sell him to Barcelona, thats how good he is thats why you have to pay the money
Everton: 75%-25%
Kiev: Ok

I am prepared to just let it play out for a few more days before I get my pitch fork out of the shed.

Naive not to think our board have at least some fault here mate. If we had made them a serious offer early it would have been difficult to refuse.

There's no doubt in my mind that we've tried to pay on the drip.

....or, it would most likely have put him 'in play' and we'd have simply set him up to go elsewhere (we'd be priced out of that game). The way this has been conducted suggests Kiev's owner was always going to play whatever games he needed to to extract the most value he could out of this - and the only way to play this approach is to wait until the very last minute to sell and use every means possible to smoke out as many buyers as he can. Looks like he may have expected more big guns to come in for his star man, and if you ask me that's exactly what he's still doing. Talk of verbal agreements, other targets and other stuff is a smokescreen to kill time till the deadline. It doesn't matter what we'd have offered early, he wants to see who else will play - so why would we go in with our best bid without seeing what anyone else is prepared to pay? If no one else comes in with a better offer by then, I reckon he'll be ours. Yarm himself probably knows that and is playing along - and keeping his silence (most nobly if you ask me).

If you accept this scenario it also goes to say that RM was spot on in his analysis that 'certain targets' would go to the end of the window - if Yarm was always his main target, it kinda makes sense.... and if true and we get him, RM and the board will have played a blinder.

That's impossible when people are desperate for the player, but the deal is dead.

Locking it moves everything to the transfer window thread until something comes up - so I don't have to check two threads for news when one is pointless.
I wouldn't waste your time checking either of them for "news"

If Yarmolenko is on his way I'm sure he Dynamo chairman has no interest in him personally but he does have an interest in the transfer fee.

Not if you believe some of the stuff on here/twitter/other saying he's undecided whether to keep him till his contract expires for CL

this lad seems abit to confident for me [facebook fan page] 8,400 followers

Everton Page 1878 He's agreed. Club have now agreed. Will be finalised and announced around Tuesday / Wednesday
Unless I get another message saying something else
The deal is still sorted

goes on to say Very confident can't say my contact + Look if he doesn't sign I will leave the page
I'm the owner

ahh nevermind he's commented since then that one just popped up first

Everton Page 1878 He's agreed. Club have now agreed. Will be finalised and announced around Tuesday / Wednesday
The deal is still sorted

goes on to say Very confident can't say my contact + Look if he doesn't sign I will leave the page
I'm the owner

Did he delete it? Can't find it.

The deal is still sorted

I'm the owner
I follow that page and I don't get that impression from them.

I get the impression they collect all available info so far that's available, the tweets, the stories, the bluffing, his smirk at the interview when asked about Everton.... and then they draw their own conclusion, like some of us have done.

Did he delete it? Can't find it.

was just top of homepage so thought
it was recent but noticed recent ones have a different view ffs
could swear the comment was recent though

.. its not even on facebook now looks like it's been removed
straight after posted on here lol

Last edited:
Martinez has just alluded that some of the names mentioned in the press have been 'way off the mark'.

Setting the groundwork early then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back