Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted the lad looked top drawer when they spanked us. Did he stand out as much in the first leg? I didn't notice him as much.

Ukrainian signings come with caution. The history of successful signings by English clubs in particular are rare. Shevchenko was a goal machine with Milan but failed at Chelsea, albeit arguably past his prime. Oleg Luzhny got homesick at Arsenal. Sergey Rebrov didn't make much of an impression at Spurs or West Ham. And RS fans shake their heads and shiver at the mention of Voronin.

And these players aren't just randomers. These were the cream of the crop from the Ukraine. In fact just google the name Dmytryo Chygrynskiy for his spectacular failure at Barcelona.

I honestly can't see how can his nationality and previous failures of Ukrainians affect him in any way? It's not like Ukrainian players have some sort of magical chip in themselves that just make them [Poor language removed] when they come to BPL. Guy is different from most if not all of players you mentioned above and it's, at least I believe so, exactly what we need right now.

I honestly can't see how can his nationality and previous failures of Ukrainians affect him in any way? It's not like Ukrainian players have some sort of chip in themselves that just make them [Poor language removed] when they come to BPL. Guy is different from most if not all of players you mentioned above and it's, at least I believe so, exactly what we need right now.
True, he's more akin to another quality player Konoplyanka. It's just a concern. Also another worry is the notoriously protracted negotiations with clubs in this part of the world. We'll be doing very well to close this deal before the window shuts.

@ijjysmith can we have a % please mate?

@Tubey can we have an update of the meter please mate?

@Dithering Dougie I want a few lines about the players suitability, and whether you'd be happy with the squad until Jan should we sign Yarm and Mori.

Cheers lads.

Well for me we can never have to many good players MK and he's clearly got talent. To be honest I think considering that we've just brought in Deulofeu and signed Mirallas on for a few more years we'll see a change to 4-3-3 mate. If we're paying out £15m on another attacking goal scoring winger while we're seemingly being more desperate for a creative player central link player I can't see it being anything else to be honest.

I actually think it suites us better though as it stands, I think it helps us play to Lukakus strengths more. Clearly the trick is getting teams to come at us at home so we can hit them quick and effective. It might be alright away from home but I'm not sure how it changes anything against the likes of West Brom, Palace and the likes at Goodison.

(Might have to whisper if quietly but I think Barry's the key to us changing formation to 4-3-3, he's the only one in the middle who see's a forward pass and is still disciplined enough to conduct the midfield)

The Daily Mail are now running it, with this story in the last hour. I know what you are thinking but they did break the Deulofeu transfer before anyone.

Everton closing in on £15m move for Dynamo Kiev midfielder Andriy Yarmolenko
  • Andriy Yarmolenko looks set to seal a £15million move to Everton
  • Roberto Martinez has been keen on signing Yarmolenko since last season
By SAMI MOKBEL FOR MAILONLINE and SIMON JONES FOR MAILONLINE

Everton are close to agreeing a £15million move for Dynamo Kiev forward Andriy Yarmolenko.

Talks with the Ukrainian side are at an advanced stage and the Toffees hope to complete a switch in the coming days.

Stoke have shown an interest in the forward, but Everton are close to sealing a deal for Yarmolenko.

The Potters were keen but have since landed Bayern Munich's Xherdan Shaqiri.

There has been a clamour from Everton fans to land more players before the end of the transfer window.

Fans flew a plane demanding the removal of Bill Kenwright over St Mary's as Roberto Martinez's side beat Southampton.

Elsewhere, talks are ongoing with River Plate over the purchase of centre-back Ramiro Funes Mori with the price currently set at £5.5m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...dfielder-Andriy-Yarmolenko.html#ixzz3jOpTmqZY

in the same way people keep saying we were being used as an interested party to get a player's wage up at another club, the spurs interest could just be fabricated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back