2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy for him

He's wanted his chance for a long time

The one thing I'll say for Benitez is that he's given Gordon some reasonable minutes this season for the most part

The question is whether he will continue to do so for the rest of the season

Hopefully he does. I think Gordon has been unlucky that he's played under a few managers who haven't "got" him. At least now he has the performances to stake a claim

Soon as Richy is back we won’t see him. Gray, Townsend, Richy, maybe that El Ghazi will all get picked over him. People that say Benitez uses the kids is a big fat liar.

Currently him and Gray are out main threat, when Gordon went off against Hull our attacking went down hill massively, they say main form of defence is attack and that showed when he went off. Good player needs to be given a good run.

He will still play , he can look dangerous more central, for the under 23's he looked a better player in that position, allowed him to drift around and find gaps to exploit .
I think he has come on leaps and bounds from all effort no end product to being one pf are most dangerous players.
Gray loves to come inside as well. Maybe the idea behind El Ghazi is to have them as a 3 behind DCL and for them to be fluid and keep defenders guessing.

Almost certainly giving the club too much credit for that level of planning, but I’m clutching at straws, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.