Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough but I really don't see that just because he doesn't do anything to me that would suggest he is worth £60m to us. Zaha scored 11 goals, I think, the season before we tried to get him and had signed a bumper 5-year deal just the previous winter.

Anyway like you said we won't agree on this but personally if Chelsea pay us £60m then I'm with the majority here and I think we've got a great deal even if I'll be sad to see him go.

No point being the cleverest sellers in the championship mate. ;)

Like I said I’d like someone to tell me where the goals are coming from and who is going to create them…..

Like I said I’d like someone to tell me where the goals are coming from and who is going to create them…..
We'd have to buy them mate, but based on last season, and what we've seen so far of this, are you confident Gordon is going to score and create them?

Even if he doubled his output exactly from last season, that's eight goals and four assists.

Surely, with £50-60m, that isn't hard to get in?

The player we need to replace is Richarlison. It's his goals we need to replace, not Gordon's. But Richarlison-type players cost £30m+. If selling Gordon means we're able to get one, plus say Broja, and a creative midfielder in too, then surely it's a necessary evil.

£60m? Surely you'd have to run and snap their hand off.

He's not a £60m player, 30-35m max and that's with English tax, to you guys he is £60m of course, and potential wise, absolutely, but this moment in time he's done nothing to warrant a big move either.
I'd have taken half of that to be honest.

That's fine mate, Lampard ultimately is the face of the club in the public (I think always making the manager do this is wrong, the DoF should step up), but as for sorting transfers it cannot be on the manager, as going to a certain manager's whim is what has helped contribute to this situation in the first place.
Yes, I know that and I am all in favour of it, but. I don't believe that the DOF is bringing in players without the managers input. I sincerely hope the days when the DOF, the manager and the owner were all recruiting their own players are gone, but, anyway, the original point was that from Lampard's demeanour, I got the impression that Gordon is going, it's just a case of when. Lampard, for obvious reasons, would want it to happen sooner rather than later.

Well it was never going to be Anthony Gordon.
Fantastic price for a good player who's career could yet go either way.

We'd have to buy them mate, but based on last season, and what we've seen so far of this, are you confident Gordon is going to score and create them?

Even if he doubled his output exactly from last season, that's eight goals and four assists.

The player we need to replace is Richarlison. It's his goals we need to replace, not Gordon's. But Richarlison-type players cost £30m+. If selling Gordon means we're able to get one, plus say Broja, and a creative midfielder in too, then surely it's a necessary evil.
We spent 500m and as of right now mate we have precisely nobody from that 500m who can produce those numbers. So yes I'd say for us yes it's hard

I think it’s hard to get with a week to go in the window mate, I’d be a bit more cynical if it was June, but it’s not. I have big faith in the lad absolutely. I think we would see a different outcome to goals and assists if DCL was fit during his time as a starter and we didn’t have to play so pragmatically and decisively - I think people forget those two things. To my mind we still haven’t replaced Richarlison either. Massive holes to fill.

He completely avoided the question if Gordon had said he wanted to go

He looked like a man resigned to losing him

I think he needs to publicly call out the board because they have thrown him under the bus this summer with the shambolic recruitment
They should sack him. Call us out when you win a match.

Hopefully he doesn't feel irreplaceable because he isn't.

I think he’s worth more then 60 mill to us mate, in the same way Zaha was worth more then 80 mill to Palace and they knew it. It’s like this relegation costs £120 mill a season. We weren’t avoiding it with without three players, Gordon, Richarlison and Pickford - we are two out of the three.

So you have to apply what you call a model to our circumstances, these were our PL scores last season:

Richarlison: 10
Dominic Calvert-Lewin: 5
Gray: 5
Flash: 4
Keane:3
AT: 3
The Duke:2
Holgate: 2
Iwobi: 2

6 others got 1 each.

Flash really only started half a season, so conservatively he could get 8 this year, which gives us a punchers chance.

So we take Richarlisons and Gordon’s goals and performances out of this team and how do we score?

We don’t we didn’t replace Richarlison, we are selling Gordon in a market that finished with a deadline and we don’t have a centre forward - what are people expecting to happen, we’re in big trouble.

So it’s fine to talk ablut models etc theoretically, but when you apply it to our context, it’s stupid, to many body blows and it’s self abusive.
Nah, Bill & Faz got this.
2 strikers, Gueye and a wide forward incoming any day now. The only reason they've not been announced yet as nothing has actually started regarding any of the deals mentioned above....but we have enquired ....so there's that !!!

'Don't judge us now, Judge us when we sell .....everybody'

You could buy 1-2 players the same Quality as Gordon for that £60m, on top of the money left from Richarlison to join the likes of Onana, and maybe Broja on loan with a view to buy, you could potentially have a really good window providing you do find the right incomings.

That's obviously if Gordon goes though.

Definitely don't think he's irreplaceable for you though, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back