Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current squad / no additions and with Gordon is not good enough to stay up ….while I have zero faith in our management to buy well …. We need to sell if 50 is on offer to give us a chance.

We spent 500m and as of right now mate we have precisely nobody from that 500m who can produce those numbers. So yes I'd say for us yes it's hard
as you say, Gordon is included in that too.

He got 4 goals last season, one of which in no way did he have anything to do with btw, it clipped the back of his heel, and 2 of which were big deflections (all count the same, mind)

I was being generous when I said he'd score 8 and provide 4 assists. I don't think he'd get near that, tbh. And that's fine, if we were just treating him as what he is - a player with a lot of potential but who is still very raw. But we don't, the club have let themselves get into a position where they rely on someone so young and frankly still inconsistent as their beacon of hope but also shoulder the entire creative burden in the final 3rd.

How much you want for Smith Rowe?
Both my head and heart says Unsellable. He's incredible on his day, and we need cover on the left for nelli, he can also provide cover for Odegaard, and hopefully with Neto coming in (if it happens), everyone can rotate.

Bet Arsenal wouldn't come to the table unless a bid starts out at £70m, even though personally atm I think he's £50m max.

Both my head and heart says Unsellable. He's incredible on his day, and we need cover on the left for nelli, he can also provide cover for Odegaard, and hopefully with Neto coming in (if it happens), everyone can rotate.

Bet Arsenal wouldn't come to the table unless a bid starts out at £70m, even though personally atm I think he's £50m max.

Straight swap for Gordon. Done.

He got 4 goals last season, one of which in no way did he have anything to do with btw, it clipped the back of his heel, and 2 of which were big deflections (all count the same, mind)

I was being generous when I said he'd score 8 and provide 4 assists. I don't think he'd get near that, tbh. And that's fine, if we were just treating him as what he is - a player with a lot of potential but who is still very raw. But we don't, the club have let themselves get into a position where they rely on someone so young and frankly still inconsistent as their beacon of hope but also shoulder the entire creative burden in the final 3rd.

And 30% of Richys goals where pens and pretty much all I think but one assist where actually shots blasted and ricocheting in off one of ours mate .

Fact remains we sold Richy losing his goals and replaced him with a player who contributed zero last season in McNeil, now we'll sell another player who was directed responsible for around 1/5th of our total non pen goals last season.

You said it's should be easy to replace 12 goal contributions with 30m - based on last season that's saying it's easy to bring a player in who would have contributed to around 35% of our goals scored.

for what it's worth Broja I think in 35 games contributes to 7/8 goals last season I think Gallagher contributed 10/11 both those players would set you back over 30-40m each. Pedro contributed 4/5 and is going for 30m.

and a lot of the others like saar, cornet and others either had blip seasons out of character with their normal returns or are fundamentally flawed or nobheads.

if replacing 12 goals is that easy for 30 million then most clubs in the league would have 5-6 players chipping in that amount given the money spent by most

People also are looking at raw goals/assists as the be and end all, ignoring his defensive/pressing stats which he's in the 90 percentiles for, ignoring the threat his pace causes which has to be accounted for by the opposition. We literally have zero pace up top without him,

Ridiculous that they're offering that much. Take the money. Somebody described him as 'Roadrunner. Works hard but doesn't offer any end product. I've been more gutted about sales of Ferguson, Rooney and Arteta. Happy to take the money on this. We all see that he'll be sat on his bum and then get loaned out somewhere.

He clearly rates himself apparently he thinks this will help him make the England squad.....ha ha ha ha.... Good luck to you Ant, what would actually be good for his career and playing week in week out but that bid is too good to turn down.

And 30% of Richys goals where pens and pretty much all I think but one assist where actually shots blasted and ricocheting in off one of ours mate .

Fact remains we sold Richy losing his goals and replaced him with a player who contributed zero last season in McNeil, now we'll sell another player who was directed responsible for around 1/5th of our total non pen goals last season.

You said it's should be easy to replace 12 goal contributions with 30m - based on last season that's saying it's easy to bring a player in who would have contributed to around 35% of our goals scored.

for what it's worth Broja I think in 35 games contributes to 7/8 goals last season I think Gallagher contributed 10/11 both those players would set you back over 30-40m each. Pedro contributed 4/5 and is going for 30m.

and a lot of the others like saar, cornet and others either had blip seasons out of character with their normal returns or are fundamentally flawed or nobheads.

if replacing 12 goals is that easy for 30 million then most clubs in the league would have 5-6 players chipping in that amount given the money spent by most
Easy, perhaps not, but manageable. Dennis and Cornet each scored 8 to 10 goals in the prem last year and just sold for 18 to 20 mil each. We are just failing miserably at recruiting. What would Diaz cost? A risk from the Championship for sure but at least he knows where the back of the net is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back