2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a school of thought that some Evertonians have chased him out through their unreasonable scorn and that these same Evertonians are the ones who cry NSNO and produce the most bile towards their own club, when THEY are the problem.

They are also the most thin skinned so cannot take any criticism well. They are true Brexiteers of our fanbase, self centred and deluded, the emptiest vessels shouting loudest and unable to recognise their damaging traits in the mirror or even admit they called things wrong.
Stick him back on the wing. Fellah is terrified of aerial challenges. Always looks knackered and his decision making is awful.............saying that I still believe he can come good

I called it a while back he's a scrawny Adama Traore.

Good option from the bench to run at a tired defence and cause problems but ultimately little to no end product.

If we can get Traore for 10 ml Gordon must only be worth 5 ml. Both no end product but at least Traore is faster and more troublesome

He's definitely not too draw mate, his final product is very very championship

I really really like him though, never seen a lad try as much as he does, just don't think he's amazing like we hope he is.

I feared the worst when he returned to training with his new hairstyle and outfit

Don’t care the hate I get ere BUT AG is NOT a prem league player and it will show this season, 40 mill Tottenham/Newcastle , should of ripped there arms off….flatters to deceive, Nothing more to say?‍?

Absolute pony today. Alarm bells ring when a scouser bleaches his hair blonde, I mean come on.

Very rarely scores

Very rarely assists

Was a pivotal member of one of the worst ever Everton teams last season.

Dare mention it and you get hell’s bells.

With fans like these..

Anyone who thinks 50m in the hands of the recruitment team will be money spent wisely, is surely on a wind up.
Twelve months ago I’d have agreed with you, but they do actually seem to be getting their act together! Patterson, Mykolenko, Tarkowski, Onana and even Coady have all made the squad stronger, McNeil I’m reserving judgement on at the moment, and remain hopeful we’ll get Gueye back!
£50m, as long as it’s Thelwell and Lampard spending it might help solve the long standing problems up front!

My other reservation with this is the rate of squad turnover. We’ve already got 5 new players in, and even without this sale we’d be looking at 7 with Gana and a striker. If Gordon goes, surely we’re buying a winger as well as a striker and CM at a minimum.

Pretty rare any side signs 8 new players in one window; there’s always concerns about the team gelling, and I doubt selling Gordon would be popular among the team.

With all that said, I hated so much of our squad last season that I don’t mind a factory reset. Most of them are proven failures. But it does come with risks attached getting so many in.

Excellent point mate and its blown up in our faces every time we've done it. After a striker im content enough not to sign anyone else.

To much change isnt a good thing.

It's not just the " he's a local lad " problem it's also the message we are sending out to potential signings and our current better players.

Kicks in teeths all around the club. Surely the slower leagues must fancy Allan/gomes for a bit of cash.

Keane could sell and do well at the right club. The other kean?

It is a lot of money. I would not be surprised at all if he stayed and I'd have no issue with it. But if we do get £50m for offered then I think the club would be mad not to seriously consider it.

£50 mill is peanuts mate, the club could easily throw that into a black hole of losses, no problem - in fact be a very good year to loose that little.

If you told me Anthony Gordon was going to hit 10 goals, 5 assists this year.

I'd much prefer we kept him.

Unfortunately, I really struggle to see that happening because I don't believe that players suddenly learn how to be clinical.

And for those in favour of turning down silly money... Do you honestly believe he's going to achieve those stats this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.