2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a slogan that means nothing, the same as any other football club who has one.

In an ideal world it would mean something but it doesn't, it is just a branding tool. It has not been upheld during our whole existence, if it was we would have won the league every season! I like it as a brand don't get me wrong, but it is mad to use it as some kind of standard to attain as we never have done.
Until 1987 it did mean something, and it was applied in practice, though not enough to always win everything, it doesn't mean that. Since then it has been diluted, no argument from me on that. I think that while it can't apply to league position, it should have some resonance when we are planning to replace quality players with dross and crocks, which is sadly how I see this episode playing out.

Agent Frank coming in and siphoning all our talent to Chelsea. Disgrace.
Best I could do while driving a van

20220823_095941.jpg

You can't use the cost of one player as a way to summarize the state of the entire window.

Just because Wolves highly valued Gibbs White doesn't mean we couldn't go and buy Terrier for 30m.

I get that, but I was just not sure why people would be happy to sell our player for far less than is being offered.

If you get 2 offers for your house, one of 200k and one of 180k, I doubt you pick the 180k because that's what you had in mind when you asked for offers.

McNeil is not a #7 is slow and garbage. 0 goals last season You say he’s not richarlison’s replacement why did he take the #7 shirt. The guy is more useless than niasse. If Gordon leaves were in for a long season. Kevin is incompetent and can’t make good signings
It won't be a surprise if come next week we have lost Richy and Gordon and have replaced them with McNeil and Januzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.