Anyone who puts Neville and Heitinga in the same side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anichebe, Rodwell, Gosling, Rooney, Vaughan.

Oh wait.

People need to behave with the shouts for Vellios, he can't even score for the reserves. He had starts last season and was anonymous in them.

Anichebe, that is it then one youth player to play or be on the bench today ? why did we sign ovedio for 4 million ? when he plays or comes on he looks quite good ??? the team squad is aging Barkley & Duffy & Vellios should have been used much more this season -squad rotation when we were playing well & scoring for fun early on this season that was the time to introduce them!

Last edited:
Anichebe, that is it then one youth player to play or be on the bench today ? why did we sign ovedio for 4 million ? when he plays or comes on he looks quite good ??? the team squad is aging Barkley & Duffy & Vellios should have been used much more this season -squad rotation when we were playing well & scoring for fun early on this season that was the time to intorduce them!

We didn't sign Oviedo for £4m.

David Moyes is a fantastic manager keeping a side playing in the PL -
maybe the next Harry Redknapp - but certainly not the next Alex Ferguson -
to win the league and cups takes vision and strategic thinking - coupled with calculated risks -
and the ability to motivate a team to turn games around and win those that you should really lose -

unfotunately David Moyes is lacking in those departments which really matters -
but all that said - he still is a good manager for a side like Everton who seems to be happy with what and where they are

Ah right so you must have lots of examples of league and cup winning managers in England who have had fewer resources than Moyes?

Sick of the Shane Duffy calls...

How many top flight competitive games has the lad played?

Has done nothing to suggest he's ready to start vs Man Utd at Old Trafford FFS.

3 and a half. Made his debut, came in and looked pretty good, has to be of a certain standard to be able to slot in as a young kid and do as well as he did.

Doing well for the reserves by all accounts and regularly on our bench.

What more does he have to do?

He's not being given the chance to either show he's good enough or improve with first team appearances but has to watch while Heitinga regularly stinks the place out.

What would we have to lose by playing him? Not today but in any of the previous games where he could have played but took out if he was worse than Heitinga, games where he could of played to the same level he did when he came in and we didn't lose in the 3 games he started.

Moyes needs to grow some and play some of the fringe players, the team is stale at the moment IMHO

Neville and Heitinga are all thats wrong about our side currently, woefully out of form in Heitinga's case and just bang poor in Neville's. I could see the anguish on Jagielka's face all game playing next to them two muppets and it has a knock on effect on the whole defence. This wouldn't be a problem though if we had a manager who trusted his squad a little more (as all good managers should). For me it's simple:

Duffy should have played instead of Heitinga, plain and simple.
I would have played Stones instead of Neville (I might get flamed for this) purely because he is a good right back and he is not a u19 International for nothing. Neville would not get in any other Prem defence so why should he grace ours? because I can't think of any reason.
I would have played Oviedo instead of Pienaar, who has been poor for a couple of months now and Oviedo has looked good everytime I have seen him this season.
I would also not have loaned Barkley again and got him in the side playing for us, drop Fellaini deeper and get the young kid in there.

It's too easy for us to blame the lack of finances for Moyes playing the same players all of the time regardless of form but we DO have these young hungry players to come in and prove to Moyes that they are good enough, what more do they have to do???

Ah right so you must have lots of examples of league and cup winning managers in England who have had fewer resources than Moyes?

Either one of Swansea or Bradford are going to be winning some silverware shortly. Massive spending clubs that they are. But it's ok because we've made 1 cup final in the past decade.

Agree with the general point here, but he's the second highest scorer in the U21's behind, err, Duffy.

GET THEM BOTH ON FFS MOYLEZ OUT WHERE'S THE FORTRESS SPORTS FUND MONEY BILL?

Honestly though, I'd like to see Duffy in for Heitinga. He's impressed me in what few appearances he's been allowed. Vellios over Naismith for me as well, but I think we could do better at the moment (I say at the moment, because Vellios will be pyar boss in a few years... maybe).

this is a bit ridiculous, United are on pace to finish with over a hundred points this season. First goal was heitinga's fault, but I wouldn't be surprised if a player like Van Persie could turn Shane Duffy just as easily. Second goal was Neville's fault, but it also involved perfect timing from one of the best strikers in the world.

we lost at old trafford, i don't think any of us had any serious confidence that we would come away with a result.

It's also a bit telling to look at the changes from the last time we played United. United made 6 changes from the squad that lost to us on opening day, and 3 of those players who played in the first game were on the bench for the second, meaning they were dropped for squad rotation purposes, not injury. We made 3 changes, as Hibbert (injury), Distin (injury) and Jelavic (poor form), so only one of our changes was made for any kind of rotation purpose.

You can look at this in two ways: either moyes is too stubborn to make tactical personel changes, or he doesn't have the resources to do so. I think it's a little of both

Scapegoat Neville again...

Yes he played him onside but it was a complete mess up by all 4 defenders, should never of been in that posistion as soon as the initial play broke down all 4 should of dropped off. As moyes said after its not what they were told or set up to do. Neville did fine IMO... He did what was expected of him as a RB he's not all of a sudden going to gain extra ability to bomb forward and was playing RB because Coleman and hibbert are injured.

Heitinga is just not good enough. He's slow and was at fault for the first. Again what u gonna do? Distin was injured heitinga is the backup. It's where we differ from the top teams. Anyone gets injured from our strongest first 11, the replacements just ain't the same quality.

I think it's very naive to suggest Duffy is the answer at his young age. Especially against the soon to be champions. Top players like terry Ferdinand were not competent CB's at the same age and however promising he is I doubt very much he's gonna be in there league. Surely if he was THAT good Ireland would be including him in there snr team regardless.

Last edited:
Escape goat Neville again...

Yes he played him onside but it was a complete mess up by all 4 defenders, should never of been in that posistion as soon as the initial play broke down all 4 should of dropped off. As moyes said after its not what they were told or set up to do. Neville did fine IMO... He did what was expected of him as a RB he's not all of a sudden going to gain extra ability to bomb forward and was playing RB because Coleman and hibbert are injured.

Heitinga is just not good enough. He's slow and was at fault for the first. Again what u gonna do? Distin was injured heitinga is the backup. It's where we differ from the top teams. Anyone gets injured from our strongest first 11, the replacements just ain't the same quality.

I think it's very naive to suggest Duffy is the answer at his young age. Especially against the soon to be champions. Top players like terry Ferdinand were not competent CB's at the same age and however promising he is I doubt very much he's gonna be in there league. Surely if he was THAT good Ireland would be including him in there snr team regardless.

Scapegoat:
59985e0da51d764674321e27c6535cbe.jpg

Escape Goat:
goat%20escaping%20thru%20fence%20175W.jpg

Skype Goat:
fatguyatcomputer

Status
Not open for further replies.