Anyone who puts Neville and Heitinga in the same side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Old Trafford is the place for Duffy to get the start. But Heitinga needs to be put out to pasture for the rest of the season.

The second goal, Neville holds most of the blame. But if you're going to play that high of a line, you need pressure on the ball. Gibson was 1 v 3 there, did what he could, the other midfielder was nowhere to be found and at that point, one of the centerbacks needed to step up.

I don't think Old Trafford is the place for Duffy to get the start. But Heitinga needs to be put out to pasture for the rest of the season.

The second goal, Neville holds most of the blame. But if you're going to play that high of a line, you need pressure on the ball. Gibson was 1 v 3 there, did what he could, the other midfielder was nowhere to be found and at that point, one of the centerbacks needed to step up.

Aye. Heitinga is purified manure but Neville's failure was really bad, he had a clear sight of the line he was supposed to hold and he is solely responsible for the goal. Heitinga was a bit meh with his last ditch effort too but he was not at fault but even then he somehow failed to look like he was giving his all. Prolly just my angst towards him at the moment.

Regarding Duffy - surely someone unproven is better than someone who is proven crap.

Pretty much agree with this, Heitinga has been at fault for 4 or 5 goals in the last 3 games.

I highly doubt Duffy would be that bad and even if he was at least he would be learning and improving to stop the mistakes in the future.

If hes not going to use the whole squad and bloood the youngsters then it will come round to bite him when he actually needs the squad players to come in due to injury or form.
Sorry, its chicken and egg. If you dont put your faith in the whole squad then well be relying on the same players all the time and you can't plat a season like that .

Will come? Already has. I agree totally with the second part.

Blood him away against the champions elect who have only dropped 13 points all seaon.

Not for me.

I don't think Old Trafford is the place for Duffy to get the start. But Heitinga needs to be put out to pasture for the rest of the season...

Should have been done before. And besides, sometimes a baptism of fire, being thrown in at the deep end can do wonders for a players confidence and self belief.

Blown it is an under statement the goal he scored in the FA cup has cost us dear as I blame him for the last 6 goals conceded since then what the hell has happened to him since last season??? as he clearly can not run or turn quickly ???? which is bad for a central defender, Van percy is not the quickest player, but twice today went passed him as if he was not there - a big blow in Distan not being fit today but if DM had given Duffy some game time in the past this season he would have done no worse than JH - by the way JH is that slow he made PN look as fast as Gareth Bale!
PN was far from the worst player for us today!

This may or may not be true, but on current form would it be worse to have JH in there ballsing things up and costing us pts, or a young player who might actually learn from it and improve for the future??

on the other hand if we had played Stones and he had a shocker, his confidence would be shot. Playing an eighteen year old full back against United for his debut shouldn't really be happening. Especially when our club captain and most experienced player is fit.

He's had a decent run in the Championship, I'm sure one bad performance against the champions elect wouldn't have ruined him, and if would then he's not good enough anyway.

not good enough for me either, terrible management. you missed out another pic as well - the MOM rafael. still a youngster too but he's been round for a good few years now, learning his trade and all that. Something moyes should have done a good few years back with coleman. Rafael had a shocker at reading and was hauled off after 30 mins and united went on to win the game. Heitinga had a worse game vs villa, stayed on until the game was 3-1 after 60 mins and we only came back to draw it.

massive difference between a manager who knows how to win (ferguson) and a manager who takes too long/doesn't make the right choice anyway (moyes)

Exactly. And Rafael has come back from that, and Fergie has played him and let him learn and gain experience from it. And he has a lot more on the line to worry about than Moyes does...

Sick of the Shane Duffy calls...

How many top flight competitive games has the lad played?

Has done nothing to suggest he's ready to start vs Man Utd at Old Trafford FFS.

Yep. And who's fault is that again???

Duffy should have played instead of Heitinga, plain and simple.
I would have played Stones instead of Neville (I might get flamed for this) purely because he is a good right back and he is not a u19 International for nothing. Neville would not get in any other Prem defence so why should he grace ours? because I can't think of any reason.
I would have played Oviedo instead of Pienaar, who has been poor for a couple of months now and Oviedo has looked good everytime I have seen him this season.
I would also not have loaned Barkley again and got him in the side playing for us, drop Fellaini deeper and get the young kid in there.

Those would all be good ideas over the course of the season, but certainly not in one game, especially away at Utd. But they should all be getting bits and pieces here and there to gain experience. Moyes is being terribly short sighted not building up the young players that we have around the squad, and it is already causing us problems.

Idea that duffy should've started yesterday is bizarre. Very unfortunate that Distin got injured before the game, but putting in Duffy would've been crazy.

The real shame is that we didn't buy anyone in January to strengthen the team.

moyes has no balls when it comes to picking the team. obviously you shouldnt throw players like duffy straight in at OT but he should already have been given a chance seeing as its so obvious that heitinga is useless

Idea that duffy should've started yesterday is bizarre. Very unfortunate that Distin got injured before the game, but putting in Duffy would've been crazy.

The real shame is that we didn't buy anyone in January to strengthen the team.

I don't think it was any more crazy than starting with JH who has been stinking the place out any time he's had a look in (except Bolton).

Agree with the 2nd point 100%

Think some will get a shock when and if Duffy has to be included in any sort of run.

We jump on youngsters inclusion as fans at this club with nothing really to suggest there good enough or better than the players we have playing.

If moyes is missing a trick with Duffy that everyone else can see, why is a defensively poor Ireland side not getting him involved?

Don't wanna sound like I'm putting Duffy down because he's shown promise and there's a chance he could become a useful CB but its a chance.. That's all!! He's slow, and also not a ball player, he has weeknesses and of course strenghts.

Our lack of signing what's actually needed pushes us fans to call on the youngsters to replace under performing first-teamer's regardless of whether there actually good enough. If we'd brought lescott back in jan (which is the quality we so need) no one would be mentioning Duffy.

49ws2BI.jpg

Yes yes yes so so -but if Duffy had been used this season in games when we were winning easily as an half time sub etc or tried in lesser games that would not have been the case at old Trafford on Sunday!
Just throw JH in who can clearly not run or turn! he has been resonsible for our last SIX conceded goals FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.