Are we a one man team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek I don't think we are even despite those stats... It's still a team game.

I however would be more interested to see how many of those goals actually affected the result directly.

Ie. Lukaku scored 2 yesterday and obviously boosted his numbers, but the game was won already.
I get what you're saying but I always think this is a specious argument.

It's usually designed to talk down rather than be even handed over a player's contribution. It's like when Cottee is ignored for the avalanche of goals he scored because it wasn't in the prime of the 1980s team.

If Lukaku's scored a goal that didn't prove crucial in the scoreline what impact did it have in the ongoing game: enough to break opposition resistance? That would make it no less important.

In terms of goals scored Our fullbacks goals have earned us more points this season than Rom, he is eminently replaceable. He has not scored a meaningful goal (i.e. One that has affected the end result) all season against any of the top ten teams in the table if you except Man Ciry which I do cos their defence is an embarrassment. Chelsea are going to get the shock of their young lives if they give us 80m and swap him for Costa. And this propensity of his to disappear against the big teams is by no means something which has cropped up just this year.
You make it sound like he's a liability. Lol.

"Take your useless 25 goals per season and darken someone else's door, so called sharp shooter."

Without drawing comparisons
During the mid 80's when we won a hell of a lot was big Nev our one man team or just doing his job?
He was far from being our star man then. That really was a team of 5/6 stars and a handful of players that would have been the best players if they were in most other teams.

I agree Dave he saved us from being relegated the last 2 seasons but this season we are different, we are playing better, harder to score against, create more which in turn has helped Lukaku get more goals, but to say it's down to Lukaku rather than give Koeman any credit for this is nonsense. Let it go Dave, Roberto isn't here now and we are much improved.

The team is imbalanced from an attacking point of view. Lose Lukaku and we need to restructure the whole organisation. This is about the present mate, not the past. If you think we're going to easily ride out any sale of Lukaku then fine. I personally think he'll leave a yawning gap that will take a couple of seasons to fill.

The team is imbalanced from an attacking point of view. Lose Lukaku and we need to restructure the whole organisation. This is about the present mate, not the past. If you think we're going to easily ride out any sale of Lukaku then fine. I personally think he'll leave a yawning gap that will take a couple of seasons to fill.
Stop going on about the past then.

I honestly think we'll match his ambition this summer and get the players in to help challenge that top 4, if not I think we'll win a cup of some sort, big statement that I know but I really think we are going in the right direction with a manager that takes not crap.

Hardly. He's just not top line and certainly not irreplaceable
We'll see. Before RL came along our top scorer was on something like between 12 and 15 for the season through Saha and Yakubu.

Lukaku will be missed like no other player we've had for decades.

I posted that last night mate....But Dave has his selective information head on today.
Bits and pieces. Yeah, we'll really thrive on Davies getting one and Baines' two pens per season.

We cant replace Lukaku without a complete restructuring of the way we play. That's the serious point here.

Maybe if you dont acknowledge that inconvenient truth you're being selective?

Bits and pieces. Yeah, we'll really thrive on Davies getting one and Baines' two pens per season.

We cant replace Lukaku without a complete restructuring of the way we play. That's the serious point here.

So in your humble opinion who do we sign to share the goalscoring burden ?
Bare in mind in would impact on Rom's goalscoring ratio.

If Spurs didnt have Kane they would be 17th.

What a very strange thread.

Forwards must look at us with envy The amount of Chances we create for lukaku, any decent goalscorer would get 15+ in this side, he will most definitely be an elite goalscorer for anyone.
If he does go it's down to the manager to use the cash to rebuild our set up, I'm confident he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back