Are we a one man team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I heard the word 'one man team', Maradona won world cup and even then it's not true. 11 Maradona on the pitch can't win a game.

I think the 15 individual goal scorers shoots this theory out the water. If you add hazard and costas goals together it's 6 more than Rom, then the rest are on are the mid range single figures

Spurs have Alli in support of kane, then the rest of our mid range single figures. Son has 7 but he did play up top when Kane was injured.

It's only really the RS that really spread there goals out and that's mainly because they don't have a top striker

@davek I don't think we are even despite those stats... It's still a team game.

I however would be more interested to see how many of those goals actually affected the result directly.

Ie. Lukaku scored 2 yesterday and obviously boosted his numbers, but the game was won already.

What do you expect dave, the two big-money attacking players we've signed since Lukaku are Bolasie and Niasse. Would you rather we went back to splitting 10 goals between Jelavic and little Stevie Naismith?

No.

What we have is one guy very good at what he does, surrounded by other players very good at what they do.

Barkley, Davies, Schneiderlin, Gana etc. all extremely good players. It's a disservice to describe Everton as a one man team, especially when that one man is often AWOL during games for long periods.

Not at all. Rom is good, he helps, obviously better than say a Stuart Barlow, :p but he is not a Bale, Ronaldo, Messi type player. He hardly wins games just on his own, those players win football matches all on their lonesome.

We would have won against West Brom and Hull without Rom's goals.

We have the basis of a decent team, if we have to replace Rom then hopefully we get a player who is 80-85% of him and we will still do well.

Lukaku's obviously the focal point of the attack but it's not like he's supported by 10 other players that's job is to hoof it to him at all times.

It can be a 1 man team if you choose to look at it a certain way though. I'm sure i could say we're "joel robles plus baggage" if i tried to skew the facts to suit that argument.

What's happened to Mori's goals?

Is he not encouraged to make an impact up there anymore?

He goes up for corners as does Williams mate, just think when you don't have much aerial ability in the team its easy to take out the one that maybe does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back