Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Are we going to end up with a pop gun attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season all the players who played in the front 4 positions got 40 goals between them. If we get 2 strikers the main one scored 15 the back up scores 10 if we then have 4 wide forward/wingers who get 15 between them and 2 players in the number 10 position get 10 between them that will give us 50 goals which would be an improvement of 10. Maybe one of the 2 strikers will turn up in the big games.

Last season all the players who played in the front 4 positions got 40 goals between them. If we get 2 strikers the main one scored 15 the back up scores 10 if we then have 4 wide forward/wingers who get 15 between them and 2 players in the number 10 position get 10 between them that will give us 50 goals which would be an improvement of 10. Maybe one of the 2 strikers will turn up in the big games.
So, 8 players to replace 4. Devilish plan, but I think the refs may spot that we are playing with 15

In 13/14 season, rom scored 16, Naismith 9, kev scored 8, Ross and seamus scored 7 and Bainsey scored 6? I think the trick is spreading the goals around, rather than having a recognisged target man?
Agree. Last season Rom was just too much of a focal point for us at times, to the point were any decent team that kept him quiet essentially nullified our attack completely.

We need a quality striker, yes, but we also need to form a quality attacking unit.

So, 8 players to replace 4. Devilish plan, but I think the refs may spot that we are playing with 15

They won't all play at the same time 15 goals from main 10 from back up means there will be a 1st choice but he won't play all the games. 4 wide forwards/wingers since when as any wide man played all games it's a squad game if 2 did manage all season I would expect them to get 15 between 2 but as we'll have injuries we'll probably have 4 players used in them positions. Number 10 will be the same there is likely to be a first choice and a back up who like the 2nd striker will cover injuries and come on when chasing games. To be honest I can't believe I've had to explain myself.

They won't all play at the same time 15 goals from main 10 from back up means there will be a 1st choice but he won't play all the games. 4 wide forwards/wingers since when as any wide man played all games it's a squad game if 2 did manage all season I would expect them to get 15 between 2 but as we'll have injuries we'll probably have 4 players used in them positions. Number 10 will be the same there is likely to be a first choice and a back up who like the 2nd striker will cover injuries and come on when chasing games. To be honest I can't believe I've had to explain myself.
So basically what you are saying is, we should try to score 10 goals more than last season

So basically what you are saying is, we should try to score 10 goals more than last season

Yes and that will take us to around 70 goals which should be enough to at least make top 4 as I belive we'll concede less with Pickford in goal and a couple of decent centre backs in place.

We do need a physical presence up front giroud/dembele. Naturally one is tried and tested in the premier league, the other is untried, but great potential. Lot of youth signed this summer (I'm not complaining, just stating a fact). Therefore I'd like siguardsson or someone of the ilk of mertens to complete our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back