Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Are we going to end up with a pop gun attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman is terrible at crossing

Thoroughly disagree, Mason Holgate who has been thrown into that position because of Coleman's injury is woeful at crossing but I don't hold that against him because he hasn't been brought up to play there. Coleman (pre and hopefully post injury) is about as complete a right back as you could possibly hope to find.

D'ya reckon mate? Baine's crossing has deteriorated to me, it's telling that he is no longer our main set piece taker. I love Baine's to bits but thinking about our team from a ruthless perspective I think he may be replaced by next summer. Again I disagree, I feel Coleman and Bolasie are fairly consistent at putting the ball in the box, Coleman also has a decent enough left foot as well when he forced inside.

Yeah that was my main point mate, I think signing Giroud we would have to bring in somebody like Sigurdsson for him to be at his most effective.

100% - i can barely remember a decent cross by Coleman since he's been here, and can remember some truly atrocious ones, great on overlapping runs, great at arriving in the box and can pull a cracking ball back into the box, but crossing - nope he is woeful and always has been

Colemsns crossing is absolutely horrendous mate, bolasie is decent but not seen enough to really judge, best crosser of a ball in the squad by a mile is Baines, now that Deulofeu has gone any road. Kenny us also a good crosser of a ball.

Plus if someone like Giroud arrived I'd guess we'd look at bringing in anothr who can deliver the type of delivery he'd feed off.
Sorry but don't ever see Arsenal banging all sorts of crosses in all the time he's been there its not the way Wenger ever plays.Maybe he would have scored more if they had who knows?Anyway would b pleased if we got him he's a decent player who would give us more options.

I think @davek shares a concern we all have. We are losing a 25 goal target man, and potentially replacing him with what, 25+ goals here and there from a pressing midfield? Obviously, the ideal would be to have both. I think I mentioned this in another post, that you do not get into the top four unless you get equivalent goals stats coming out of an attacking midfield. Thing is, last season, our next highest scorer to Rom was Barkley with a measly 8(I think?!). Some of these stats are down to Mr Indecisive Barkley not knowing when to pass vs shoot, and some of it was down to Lukaku's terrible hold-up play (although he did show some signs of improvement over the course of the season). So now, with those two heading out the door, it is obvious to me that RK will be expecting more goals from the support cast, but we will still need a star in the leading role of goal scorer to be filled. Who that will be is anyone's guess, but you can be sure it will not be like for like, 25 for 25. So, with that it mind, using the analogy of guns, I think our best hope is to arm our attack with a couple of Glocks supporting a semi-automatic assault rifle (French, Danish? Who knows). Sooner this is sorted though, the better.

Sorry but don't ever see Arsenal banging all sorts of crosses in all the time he's been there its not the way Wenger ever plays.Maybe he would have scored more if they had who knows?Anyway would b pleased if we got him he's a decent player who would give us more options.

His scoring rate - goal per minute is already better than Lukaku's has been at us mate (over the same period), Girouds problem has simply been not being given enough minutes, otherwise his number of goals would be much much higher than they are.

Case in point about why he'd be a good signing, Arsenal as you said don't play to his strengths and he still scores at a very very good rate

100% - i can barely remember a decent cross by Coleman since he's been here, and can remember some truly atrocious ones, great on overlapping runs, great at arriving in the box and can pull a cracking ball back into the box, but crossing - nope he is woeful and always has been

About as good as it gets!

Seriously, as good as it gets is a 15y cross that Lukaku has to volley due to it being underhit?

Haha mate that was an absolutely perfect first time delivery for a striker to run onto a slow moving ball to easily slot away, it couldn't have been better weighted.

Thoroughly disagree, Mason Holgate who has been thrown into that position because of Coleman's injury is woeful at crossing but I don't hold that against him because he hasn't been brought up to play there. Coleman (pre and hopefully post injury) is about as complete a right back as you could possibly hope to find.
We will agree to disagree

Pop gun attack shout becoming a reality?

Heres a picture of the team warming up before the Stoke game Dave.

10331681-Russia-Saint-Petersburg-Russian-Second-World-War-guns-covered-with-snow-at-the-courtyard-of-the-Arti-Stock-Photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back