Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Are we going to end up with a pop gun attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember spud guns. Used to fire little bits of potato ?

Anyway. If (when?) we lose Rom we need to replace his goals. If we are not getting a 20 goal a season striker we will need a couple who pitch in 15 each with midfield steeping up. Sandro strikes me as a 10-15 Giroud perhaps a little more. Not many 20+ players out there and they cost a pretty penny.

The more I think about it I just can't see us replacing Rom with Giroud. Giroud would be a huge departure in style from the way we're currently set up and he'd rely on excellent crossing from the flanks for the majority of his goals. Our two best crossers imo are Coleman and Bolasie who won't be available anytime soon. Ross throws the occasional great one in but usually takes too long and gets crowded out. It's neither Mirallas' or Sandro's game to stay wide and fire crosses in.

Think the only way Giroud works is if you put quality delivery in the team like Sigurdsson, who I don't particularly want as it would mean shelling out north of £30mil...

I'm just chuckling that someone who normally ( well, occasionally ) comes across as quite bright ( that's davek by the way ) resorted to using a phrase like "Pop gun attack", which is something I'd expect some really naff SkySports presenter to use.

But, to answer the question ( something dave often struggles to do ), I'm saying no.

I'm just chuckling that someone who normally ( well, occasionally ) comes across as quite bright ( that's davek by the way ) resorted to using a phrase like "Pop gun attack", which is something I'd expect some really naff SkySports presenter to use.

But, to answer the question ( something dave often struggles to do ), I'm saying no.

I'm still trying to figure out what "pop gun attack" actually means..:Blink:

Pop gun attack is something that re-dates the Sky generation. It's been said for years.

Does this look new to you?

popgun_webimage.jpg

The more I think about it I just can't see us replacing Rom with Giroud. Giroud would be a huge departure in style from the way we're currently set up and he'd rely on excellent crossing from the flanks for the majority of his goals. Our two best crossers imo are Coleman and Bolasie who won't be available anytime soon. Ross throws the occasional great one in but usually takes too long and gets crowded out. It's neither Mirallas' or Sandro's game to stay wide and fire crosses in.

Think the only way Giroud works is if you put quality delivery in the team like Sigurdsson, who I don't particularly want as it would mean shelling out north of £30mil...

Colemsns crossing is absolutely horrendous mate, bolasie is decent but not seen enough to really judge, best crosser of a ball in the squad by a mile is Baines, now that Deulofeu has gone any road. Kenny us also a good crosser of a ball.

Plus if someone like Giroud arrived I'd guess we'd look at bringing in anothr who can deliver the type of delivery he'd feed off.

As for a huge departure in style and the way we set up, Lukaku is absolutely not a Koeman system type player, but is too good not to play to his strengths. He leaves the system goes much further to the managers actual one.

It would be refreshing to have a player with Girouds first touch and hold up. We would need to surround him with a lot of pace/movement

Coleman is terrible at crossing

Colemsns crossing is absolutely horrendous mate, bolasie is decent but not seen enough to really judge, best crosser of a ball in the squad by a mile is Baines, now that Deulofeu has gone any road. Kenny us also a good crosser of a ball.

Plus if someone like Giroud arrived I'd guess we'd look at bringing in anothr who can deliver the type of delivery he'd feed off.

D'ya reckon mate? Baine's crossing has deteriorated to me, it's telling that he is no longer our main set piece taker. I love Baine's to bits but thinking about our team from a ruthless perspective I think he may be replaced by next summer. Again I disagree, I feel Coleman and Bolasie are fairly consistent at putting the ball in the box, Coleman also has a decent enough left foot as well when he forced inside.

Yeah that was my main point mate, I think signing Giroud we would have to bring in somebody like Sigurdsson for him to be at his most effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back