Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Are we going to end up with a pop gun attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a picture of the team warming up before the Stoke game Dave.

10331681-Russia-Saint-Petersburg-Russian-Second-World-War-guns-covered-with-snow-at-the-courtyard-of-the-Arti-Stock-Photo.jpg

Flawed.
No snow in August at Glorious Goodison Park.

Pop gun attack is something that re-dates the Sky generation. It's been said for years.

Does this look new to you?

popgun_webimage.jpg

Yes. Apparently Sky tv invented it though.

I'm fully aware of what a pop-gun attack is David, and I'm aware the phrase was around pre-Sky, it's just a much more juvenile phrase than I'd expect from a respected ( ? ) poster such as your good self ! It's defo a sign of dumbing down on your part and, in sporting parlours, is used more often in the cricket world, so I hope you've enjoyed watching the middle-class game this summer and picked up a fair amount of the lingo used there ?

Anyway, back to the original point. If we lose Lukaku this Summer, and it seems more likely than not that we will, then I'd share your concerns about how we reshape the team to replace him. But it's a little too easy to focus on last season's 25 goals. In his four seasons at the club he's scored 15,10,18 and 25 goals in the League. So, in his first season, we managed to finish fifth ( on 72 points if memory serves me right ) with other players chipping in goals. In the last two seasons we have certainly been very reliant on his goals, but, if we brought in a striker who scored us 15 or more goals in the league and found a way of bringing other players into the scoring stats, then all is not lost.

There are essentially two scenarios here :-

1. The most likely one, is that we sell Lukaku, so we'd likely end up signing three strikers, and use them as appropriate to the opposition.

2. If Lukaku stays because no-one thinks he's worth what we're asking for him ( not beyond the realms of possibility ), then I think we'll end up signing two strikers. Assuming one of those strikers is Ramirez, then I can see Rom sitting on the bench in the cups and against "lesser" teams, to be used, if necessary, as a sub against tiring teams. I can also seem him being rested / dropped ( take your pick ) against the "better" teams if his form isn't great.

Why are you mithering about a phrase for? You know what it means and therefore why it was used...and how is there a class element to it?!! Bizarre.

Lukaku: he's off. We'll sign Sandro and one other forward to accompany him...as much likely to be a Hernandez as a Giroud.

This feller Koeman cant put an attacking unit together. It's beyond him. He's wasted almost £40m so far.

Why are you mithering about a phrase for? You know what it means and therefore why it was used...and how is there a class element to it?!! Bizarre.

Lukaku: he's off. We'll sign Sandro and one other forward to accompany him...as much likely to be a Hernandez as a Giroud.

This feller Koeman cant put an attacking unit together. It's beyond him. He's wasted almost £40m so far.

You're definitely a mid 50's divorcee sat on a busted couch tapping furiously on a 15 year old laptop surrounded by empty tins of beans and chippy trays and sat opposite a mannequin dressed in your ex wife's clothes. Posters of Koeman haphazardly stuck to the walls with Big daddies red sauce with his eyes cut out

Why so negative Dave?

You're definitely a mid 50's divorcee sat on a busted couch tapping furiously on a 15 year old laptop surrounded by empty tins of beans and chippy trays and sat opposite a mannequin dressed in your ex wife's clothes. Posters of Koeman haphazardly stuck to the walls with Big daddies red sauce with his eyes cut out

Why so negative Dave?
Well wide of the mark. :oops:

Ronald Koeman has suggested that improving Everton’s efficiency in attack is a “clear objective” of the summer transfer window.
Everton enjoyed a relatively successful first season under Koeman, finishing in seventh position in the Premier League.

Striker Romelu Lukaku made the PFA Team of the Year, while the likes of Idrissa Gueye shined alongside youngsters such as Tom Davies.

However, the Merseyside club were somewhat alone in the table – eight points behind Manchester United in sixth, and 15 ahead of Southampton in eighth – meaning an injection of excitement will be wanted by fans this summer.
Koeman told Everton TV, on targeting attacking talents: “A clear objective will be to bring in players who will have more productivity. I expect that we can change that for next season.

“If we can do the business we want to do this summer, the team for next season will be really strong, I believe.

“On one side I will take a holiday and relax but, on the other side, as a manager it is totally different than as a football player because everyone knows we would like to do some good [transfer] business.”

How did Everton’s attacking play this season compare to the rest of the Premier League?

Goals – The Toffees ranked sixth in the division with 62 goals, albeit 15 adrift of fifth-placed Arsenal.

Chances created – This is perhaps the key number which Koeman alludes to with “productivity,” as Everton (392) trailed seven other Premier League teams. Leaders Tottenham Hotspur made 113 more opportunities.

Take-ons – Everton won 64% of their dribbles, placing them in seventh position, again indicating that more prolific players are needed.

http://www.squawka.com/news/ronald-...er-transfer-window/952063#uy0800VQSyPpYmls.97

Ronny told y'all in May.

I call it a pop gun attack because every time we are gonna attack it's gonna be like I have a pop gun in my pants! I love this feller Koeman and have the utmost faith in the boss! Why wouldn't I?

<3 Koeman <3

I am not sure you can judge until the window is closed. As it stands I think we will have more than one threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back