Are the fans to blame?

• Yes mate

• No lad

• Cheese on toast

• I’m dead angry at a screen.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all mostly see 'the wrong answers' they're all out there in plain sight...along with the few right answers, like little gold nuggets in the dirt.
Getting lucky and, even by accident, spotting the right answer is the hard part.
Me in 'stating the obvious' shocker.

Moshiri isn't lucky - well not so far and he's had enough goes.
The buy time option is Ferguson for 19 games...but no longer - OGS at united??
He will just appoint OGS.

Now hear me out on this but I’ve been thinking that there has to be something else that is a consistent in the failure of repeated Everton managers with an owner backing them financially. Obviously it’s not nice to hear this but do we as fans cause the toxicity around our club that means all are doomed to fail? Not saying it’s entirely the fans fault but the atmosphere of hysteria created by Evertonians is worse than Geordies, young players abused by fat dars or over hyped by FIFA obsessed millennials don’t stand a chance. Current narrative is that Moshiri is failing Everton but in my mind the fans are in cahoots with him after celebrating wildly a rich stranger taking over the club more than we celebrated the last trophy in 1995. Evertonians deserve better is a strap line used often but why do they deserve better and is this part of the entitled narrative that burdens anyone trying to fix the problem? Some, well many, Evertonians sabotage managerial appointments from the start as it wasn’t the manager they wanted and scouted themselves, so want to be proved right in their heads by the manager’s failure rather than Everton success.
Been saying for a while - there are a very vocal number who judge too early, can't comprehend that players can have a quite natural drop of form and then start destroying the team confidence. What follows is a spiral into a player's permanent self doubt, loss of resale value and the abundance of dead wood players hanging around bleeding the club because its what the club (the booing jeering fans) deserve - and why not hang around if you can't be sold and you're having millions thrown at you.

By far most of our fans are sound - but there seems to be an increasing number of very loud, self entitled, deluded morons with little sense of perspective who chant the club motto to justify their frothing anger. These seem to have evolved kopite like mentality.

I'm as unhappy as the next toffee when we're doing badly - but those who just forget that we are talking about human beings playing a game and let anger and negativity swallow them put me right off football.

Just my observations like.

Not all fans turn toxic when their club/team repeatedly builds up expectations only to disappoint them, but some do.

It's rare to see these situations turn around without an ownership change. Old Steinbrenner is about the only one I can come up with across sports, off the top of my head, and it took a suspension to get him to go hands-off and delegate. Bad, meddling owners tend to remain bad, and some fans tend to take the resulting anger out on the wrong people.

Been saying for a while - there are a very vocal number who judge too early, can't comprehend that players can have a quite natural drop of form and then start destroying the team confidence. What follows is a spiral into a player's permanent self doubt, loss of resale value and the abundance of dead wood players hanging around bleeding the club because its what the club (the booing jeering fans) deserve - and why not hang around if you can't be sold and you're having millions thrown at you.

By far most of our fans are sound - but there seems to be an increasing number of very loud, self entitled, deluded morons with little sense of perspective who chant the club motto to justify their frothing anger. These seem to have evolved kopite like mentality.

I'm as unhappy as the next toffee when we're doing badly - but those who just forget that we are talking about human beings playing a game and let anger and negativity swallow them put me right off football.

Just my observations like.
You are also talking about human beings with the fans though.

It's not negativity, it's honesty. An honesty borne out of years of frustration.

Fwiw I don't think the fans at ever to blame for horrendous decisions made by a select few individuals at a football club.

But why is it that Geordies are some kind of benchmark for fan discontent? Surely there are better examples? The vast, vast majority of our matchgoing support spent years gratefully swallowing whatever feces Ashley fed them without a hint of revolt or militance. 'Toon Toon Black and White Army!', 'you fat Cockney [Poor language removed]!' sit on our hands, another defeat at the hands of Pardew/McClaren/Bruce, go home, forget about it till next Saturday, rinse and repeat.

I've actually been griefed by fellow fans for trying to get them to act like whatever it is you see them as. For years the support was incredibly passive but for the SackPardew campaign - which came after a good couple of years of the team regressing under him - and a few creative flags photographed outside the ground during the Bruce days. (Not to take anything away from the absolute diamonds who did try and do something for the greater good of the club).

Meanwhile you've got Boro fans chucking season tickets at dugouts, Villa fans chucking cabbages on the pitch, West Ham fans protesting by the thousand, Blackpool boycotting the stadium, Arsenal fans wanting Wenger out, etc etc. The list goes on and on; there surely isn't a club out there whose fans haven't called for the manager's head at some point, etc? So what's with the Newcastle obsession? Genuine question.
You’ve just highlighted why perfectly mate.

Less than half of fans polled believe Evertonians are not to blame for being an embarrassment. I consider this real progress. The angry, the entitled, the vain, the deluded, the insecure, your days are numbered.

You are also talking about human beings with the fans though.

It's not negativity, it's honesty. An honesty borne out of years of frustration.
A fair point. And it's exacerbated when those humam beings realise that the players earn, sorry are given (for nobody earns that amount) more in a week than most normal people do in a year.

Nonetheless I still feel that this understandable negativity has contributed to the depth of the hole we are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.