Are you worried?

Are you concerned heading into the new season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one more friendly to play and havent won any of them other than the joke team first game, just 2 weeks till the new season kicks off, still conceding lots of goals, still giving the ball away too often, still very little creativity, still having very few shots on goal and hence very few goals, still dont look like we have a plan, still carrying lots of dead wood and still dont look like winning a game.

Yes i am worried.

Not arsed until the window shuts. If we get a good number of decent players in before then, we can improve considerably. We looked terrible in the first 3 games of Martinez' first season and this place was in full meltdown. Then we signed Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku and beat our record points total. We need more players in than just 3, but we have time yet.

Big Sam got his pelters but to me he was right.

The squad isn't good enough to attack and defend. It's either or.

Defend and pinch a goal. Or attack and get battered.

And I'll go back to my point when Koeman got sacked...it'll take 2 seasons to fix this.

I'm not worried, i'm optimistic still judging by the players Brands and Silva have signed and are looking to bring in i think we can finish 7th....too much to do to finish any higher...i think each transfer window we'll add one or two and gradually improve from the cesspit we have become due to Walsh and Koeman. The fact that we are looking at bringing 2 defenders in tells us where the majority of the problems lie....attack wise we're ok...Richarlison looking good, Tosun will slot given the service, Walcott and possibly Lookman still to come back. I don't think Sigurdsson will fit in Silvas system, we need more energy and pace than he can provide. Players like Davies, Sandro and Bolasie need punting, never ever going to be good enough.
By the way has anyone noticed just how bad Steklenberg is..he's woeful. Strengthen Defence first, then midfield and we won't be too far off.
Finally Coleman needs to be captain, by far our best player and the only one at times who looks like he cares

Am I concerned that 3/4 of our seemingly first choice defenders have been deemed not good enough for the past 12months+, yet we're 2 weeks from a new season and they're still in the fray? Yes.

Am I concerned that we've not only got the two biggest buffoons in the league at CB, but also have the most inept and immobile centre midfield duos? Yes.

Am I concerned that we have two recognised strikers, one of which is painfully slow and the other a headless chicken? Yes.

Everyone is aware of how brock this team has been for the past year at least, why why why why why two weeks before the window closes and season starts are we still in the same situation?

If we play most of that back 4 we are in big big trouble.

Huge week and a half for Brands and Silva. Need to get two centre halves, a centre mid and a striker.

And need to get rid of almost all the defenders at the club. Appalling waste of money.

Silva has a system he wants us to implement, he has so far signed one player who suits this, this will take time, however unfortunately the majority of our players I would say, and maybe it has dawned on Silva,cannot adjust to the way he wants to play, the worry to me is that this coming season we could really get "found out","if" a number of players are not arriving in front of the deadline before the Wolves game,I believe Silva and the players he has at his disposal will have to compromise,probably looking at us sitting much deeper defensively to steady the ship somewhat, the need for Walcott/Lookman to come in is becoming more and more prevalent with each game I watch, that Rennes team had pace to burn throughout, we just couldn't cope, very, very worrying.Oh and PS,Coleman has to be our skipper.

If it helps - my mate is a wolves fan. They got beat by Derby today and he says they were full strength. He’s said they’re incredibly lightweight in midfield and attack

Yes.

Not 'terrified' yet as I think it's easy to forget just how bad the Premier League is, but we're more than capable of going down this year. That squad is rotten to the core and we've done nothing to fix it yet.

Usually level headed. But......I'm concerned.
Your average fan has known for a while that we've an ageing and slow back four which isn't protected. So a professional manager should know very quickly about our shortcomings. Especially a manager who has competed against us in the last 2 years. Needs sorting and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.