Are you worried?

Are you concerned heading into the new season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same trepidation as last season....players wise not a lot has changed...one of the greatest sayings of all time...you cant polish a turd......therefore to change that we need a load of new players....not just 1 or 2...

Very worried, we seem to have gone backward since last season. I realise its only pre season but by christ, we look slow (incredibly slow), we don't have a natural leader in the team and there does not seem to be any communication between the players.

Obviously Rome wasn't built in a day and it was always going to take time but other than the first 30 minutes against Porto there doesn't seem to be much improvement from last season, if anything we actually look worse defensively which takes some doing. I know people can say 'it's only preseason' but we all said that last season and the level of performance has got to be a concern again.
Painfully obvious that we still need 4 or 5 new signings that could slot into the first team but with the end of the window bearing down is there time to get them in, we'll most likely only get 2 or 3 in, so it looks like we'll have to rely on the same underperforming cowards that have let us down last season to see us through til January

One thing though is I hope Silva gets time and some patience, by now it's obvious to everybody it's the players who are letting this club down

WHAT WE NEED IS A LEADER
Preferably more than one

No. Walcott and/or Lookman will come into the picture and we will be okay. What annoys me (apart from the obvious lack of investment in the back line) is the continuation of the double DM project. NOBODY wants to carry the ball up field. Say what you want about Barkley, but at least he took that responsibility upon himself. He always checked back for better or worse. One of the “DM’s” needs to take that responsibility or Silva’s system is as good as dead.

We're on course for winning the Championship by 2020, our first piece of silverware since 1995.

Could just imagine (not going to use a real name, this is entirely made up) the Sesk writing a long blog post about how relegation would make "economic sense" as it will force the club management to "redirect focus" or someit.

No. Walcott and/or Lookman will come into the picture and we will be okay. What annoys me (apart from the obvious lack of investment in the back line) is the continuation of the double DM project. NOBODY wants to carry the ball up field. Say what you want about Barkley, but at least he took that responsibility upon himself. He always checked back for better or worse. One of the “DM’s” needs to take that responsibility or Silva’s system is as good as dead.

Sell Shiterlein. Buy Zakaria.

Win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.