Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel sorry for him as he has had some wretched injury luck but I honestly don't see what's gone on from the beginning of the season to now. The change from those few games he played well in to now it's like a Jelavic turn around.

He seems to find the basics difficult.

My word - we could only dream of him doing that

2012–2014 Everton 59 (16)

Kone

2013– Everton 39 (6)

Jelavic 13 games 9 goals then 37 games 7 goals. then 0 in 9 before he was sold (all league)

Kone has 6 in 39.

Jelavic has
349 games 128 goals

Kone has

371 game 119 goals

My word - we could only dream of him doing that

2012–2014 Everton 59 (16)

Kone

2013– Everton 39 (6)

Jelavic 13 games 9 goals then 37 games 7 goals. then 0 in 9 before he was sold (all league)

Kone has 6 in 39.

Jelavic has
349 games 128 goals

Kone has

371 game 119 goals

You say you use stats to be fair and objective, but you're clearly just cherry picking to prove your point.

Kone has rarely been the main striker, unlike Jelavic. He was injured, and struggled coming back. Etc...

The plus side for you could be, from your stats, if he doesn't score the rest of the season, he's likely to be sold.

While I wish we had better (Niasse fingers crossed), but when he comes on I hope the lad does well. Unfortunately he hasn't of late, and I'm sure the booing isn't helping.

You say you use stats to be fair and objective, but you're clearly just cherry picking to prove your point.

Kone has rarely been the main striker, unlike Jelavic. He was injured, and struggled coming back. Etc...

The plus side for you could be, from your stats, if he doesn't score the rest of the season, he's likely to be sold.

While I wish we had better (Niasse fingers crossed), but when he comes on I hope the lad does well. Unfortunately he hasn't of late, and I'm sure the booing isn't helping.

But people make out like the crowd are desperate to boo.

They aren't - imagine how much rubbish people had to watch for the seasons leading up to the Wimbledon and Coventry games. Got behind the team when it matters.

People boo at Kone because he performs poorly. It's not like he suddenly becomes a better play away for us. In fact, hasn't he scored four of his five league goals at home this season?

Does it become a self-fulfilling prophecy? Maybe. But the crowd doesn't take masses to win over - he could run about a bit, close players down. Lennon does it, Besic does it - charge about a bit, wins over the crowd. Lukaku vs West Ham in the cup last season.

Kone just doesn't even bother. Whoops, lost the ball again. Whoops, shot miles wide. Whoops, barely won a header. Oh look they are booing me again, never mind.

Can't be much fun when 30 odd thousand people are shouting abuse at you no matter how much you earn
feel sorry for the lad he tries his best puts more of a shift in than Lukaku but with no end product
he will never make it at this club and should be sold or released in the summer

.....it seems basic to me that if Mirallas and Kone have the same amount of playing time, Mirallas will score more goals and have more assists. Kone's record reflects that he has little or no impact from the bench, he was unlikely to turn the game around on Saturday so the decision to bring him on ahead of others is a little baffling.

Neither was Denis...but we loved that crap player.

Kone works hard...came back from a devastating injury and is booed. Disgusting. I hate our fans sometimes.

Hes utter turd, what disgusts me is fans sticking up for him, hes an extremely well paid footballer, who cant play football.

Its an utter crime against MY football club that I have to endure another 15 months of this utter carthorse sullying the number 9 shirt.

Serious question, who is liable when I claim for the mental torture of having to watch him attempt to play football?

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back