• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not playing well. He missed an absolute sitter just after he'd signed (before he was injured). I thought then he was rubbish.

There are elements of his game that are quite good but he's got to get his confidence back and get the crowd onside if he's ever going to improve. Can't see it happening at the moment, depends on his mental toughness.

Not my fav player. Can't believe we sold Naismith and kept this guy.

Hes utter turd, what disgusts me is fans sticking up for him, hes an extremely well paid footballer, who cant play football.

Its an utter crime against MY football club that I have to endure another 15 months of this utter carthorse sullying the number 9 shirt.

Serious question, who is liable when I claim for the mental torture of having to watch him attempt to play football?

Just saying.
I think Everton's lawyers would claim your injuries are self inflicted mate?

But people make out like the crowd are desperate to boo.

They aren't - imagine how much rubbish people had to watch for the seasons leading up to the Wimbledon and Coventry games. Got behind the team when it matters.

People boo at Kone because he performs poorly. It's not like he suddenly becomes a better play away for us. In fact, hasn't he scored four of his five league goals at home this season?

Does it become a self-fulfilling prophecy? Maybe. But the crowd doesn't take masses to win over - he could run about a bit, close players down. Lennon does it, Besic does it - charge about a bit, wins over the crowd. Lukaku vs West Ham in the cup last season.

Kone just doesn't even bother. Whoops, lost the ball again. Whoops, shot miles wide. Whoops, barely won a header. Oh look they are booing me again, never mind.

What exactly does booing a player achieve? You seriously think it doesn't affect him, having his own fans booing him coming on to the pitch? There have been so many crap strikers down the years far far worse than Kone yet I seem to recall them never getting the levels of abuse Arouna has, players like Joe Max Moore, Denis Straquilarsi, Mikel Madar, Brett Angell and so on

I made my feelings known yesterday in this thread.

I would sell him - I will always support players in our shirt, however, like Aiden McGeady, Arouna Kone isn't good eough, and let's face it, it's not like he's going to develop or improve - it's downhill from here, which is already the bottom of the hill as it is.

AROUNA de corner

Daaaawn on the street

KONE and the Poor Boys are playin'

Raise a Nickel

Tap your feet

tumblr_n9yz8jsbSU1tn0fi8o2_250.gif

It was clear from his goal scoring record that he was utter tosh when we signed him 3 years ago. Now that he's broken his legs and turned 44 years old, it's hardly a surprise that he's useless. I bet lukaku has scored more goals than he's had shots.

It's a shame. When he scored that hat trick against Villa we thought he might have turned a corner, but it's since been established that Villa are no better than most League One sides. Since that one game - and let's not forget that's all it was - he's been an absolute disgrace each time he's been on the field. How the manager can deem him worthy of getting minutes is beyond me. And Martinez is supposed to know better than the fans, is he?

Perhaps it's a reflection on his (lack of) tactical nous, that he continues to give Kone a go, instead of mixing up the system and attempting a Plan B. At the time of the substitution, we had Deulofeu, Mirallas, Pienaar and Baines who'd have been much better options. But as the manager is only able to replace like for like, and isn't up to changing a system that clearly isn't working, he'll just bring on our worst striker in over a decade and then proceed to play him out of position.

Baines could have slotted in at left back and we could have put Oviedo left midfield - he's played there before and can put a good ball in, or even Baines there as an emergency winger.

But clearly the most suitable replacement was Deulofeu, and God only knows why the manager waited another 16 minutes before bringing him on, oh and removing our most dangerous player in the process. It was nearly as if he was taking the pish out of the fans. And no, Lennon wasn't knackered and hadn't pulled up, he still looked fresh and was sprinting all over the place.

Mirallas, let's just have him sign a new contract shall we, then proceed to not sell and keep him on the bench for 50k a week. Makes sense, not. Weird.

If this utter dog gets on the field again this season I hope the fans boo the house down; not directed at Kone because, like McGeady, Hibbert, Osman and co, he cannot help being rubbish, but the manager should hear the message loud and clear.

Disgusting.

What exactly does booing a player achieve? You seriously think it doesn't affect him, having his own fans booing him coming on to the pitch? There have been so many crap strikers down the years far far worse than Kone yet I seem to recall them never getting the levels of abuse Arouna has, players like Joe Max Moore, Denis Straquilarsi, Mikel Madar, Brett Angell and so on

Madar's goal scoring record

1997–1999 Everton 19 (6)

About twice as fast to the same mark as Kone.

Denis - as I've outlined in another post about getting the fans onside - accepted his limitations, saw this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and ran his nuts off. People knew he was tosh, but at least he put himself into the game. His general carnage was at least something different for the oppo to think about.

Will readily concede the other two - Max-Moore being a free transfer but was awful, Angell being one of the all-time worst Everton players.

Not sure how Kone can expect to be supported blindly without putting in some decent effort to deserve it. At least Cleverley runs a bit, if only to go and hide behind opposition players

Kone does put effort in as does Clev, you're just too blind to see it @orly. Bored of this now, I'm leaving it at that

But he doesn't - and that's why he is so ineffective and the crowd let him know about it.

I appreciate your loyalty to him, despite it being so hopelessly misguided. It's always a shame when our heroes let us down

But he doesn't - and that's why he is so ineffective and the crowd let him know about it.

I appreciate your loyalty to him, despite it being so hopelessly misguided. It's always a shame when our heroes let us down

Its not misguided loyalty, I've said many a time (not necessarily on here) that in an ideal world he SHOULDN'T be back up to Lukaku but at the same time I appreciate how much effort he's made to even get back onto a football pitch after that horrendous injury in his first season here and prove himself despite the abuse he gets

Its not misguided loyalty, I've said many a time (not necessarily on here) that in an ideal world he SHOULDN'T be back up to Lukaku but at the same time I appreciate how much effort he's made to even get back onto a football pitch after that horrendous injury in his first season here and prove himself despite the abuse he gets

But ultimately, he has failed.

Well done on him though for getting back for long enough to earn a contract renewal, which with remarkable coincidence has also heralded a spectacular drop off (or perhaps, return to) effort, form and goal scoring prowess.

But ultimately, he has failed.

Well done on him though for getting back for long enough to earn a contract renewal, which with remarkable coincidence has also heralded a spectacular drop off (or perhaps, return to) effort, form and goal scoring prowess.

See this is basically the point I've been making, in your eyes he's failed and you've basically accused him of only playing well for a contract which isn't true. Its a drop in form, every player goes through it whether they are a fit and healthy 18 year old just starting the game or a 30+ year old with a history of injury problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back