Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

A difficult game for him today, playing in a narrow back 4 as Dyche sets them up, but up against a winger who was literally playing on the touchline. Stuck to his task well and it was no wonder he tired.

If you play Young as a full back against a team like Brighton then you’re basically conceding that side of the pitch. Can no one else see this?
So one player on the pitch is going to be the difference between us playing champagne football and defensive football. I don’t want Young in the team but I don’t think he was the sole factor in the outcome of the game. It wasn’t pretty but we nullified their attack to a couple of moments and created the better chances overall. Did you watch the way they dismantled us last season? It was a much more disciplined Everton today and it’s something we can build on

So one player on the pitch is going to be the difference between us playing champagne football and defensive football. I don’t want Young in the team but I don’t think he was the sole factor in the outcome of the game. It wasn’t pretty but we nullified their attack to a couple of moments and created the better chances overall. Did you watch the way they dismantled us last season? It was a much more disciplined Everton today and it’s something we can build on
I’ve had to watch this type of football all my life, Scottish football at club and international level and it’s my opinion that it’s the wrong way to go. Ok mate, take it how you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back