Match Thread Aston Villa vs. Everton - Carabao Cup Third Round

Your MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to find a balance between resting players but still putting out a half decent squad so that we I) avoid injuries; but also II) avoid getting pumped to the point of embarassment.

These will want us to come at them and leave space in between the lines and behind. So sit deep and give them none of it:

Pickers
Patterson - Tarky - Keane - Mykolenko
Harrison - Garner - Onyango - Onana - Danujuma
Chermitti​

Bring on the bomb squad at 65-70 minutes and try to nick something.

UTFT

Kickoff timeTV channelLive stream
USA2:45 p.m. ET—ESPN+
Canada2:45 p.m. ET—DAZN
UK7:45 p.m. BST——
Australia4:45 a.m. AEDT*—beIN Sports Connect
India12:15 a.m. IST*——
Hong Kong2:45 a.m. HKT*——
Malaysia2:45 a.m. MYT*—Mola TV
Singapore2:45 a.m. SGT*—Mola TV
New Zealand7:45 a.m. NZDT*—

Not great timing this one with all the good vibes (and massive ramp up in super happy social media postings every 3 minutes from the club) after a great performance and win.

Go strong and go for the win, or 2nd string cross fingers and protect the morale of the main players (sounds hideously negative and cowardly).

Think he will go in between. Probably game time for Patto and Keane. If Pickford is out he will need Tarks on the pitch. Keeps saying McNeil needs minutes so might play again. As clumsy as he is, Doucoure is the one we can least afford to get crocked.

Just want to see whoever comes in look like they are trying to “take their chance” and go full bore maniacally smashing people and being brave with the ball. Usually they go through the motions knowing they will be safely tucked onto the third row of the bench at the weekend away from all the nasty booing people. All smiles and hugs when we batter Brighton/Brentford but yet to see the real competitive fight everyone said was a Dyche trademark.

Heading up tonight, not yesterday @arch stanton hope your mate has an extra days holiday booked lol.

Anyway weve paid our money so let them entertain us!

Gonna Park at Star City and walk from there, is this standard practice these days, last time i was at Villa Park was for Take That, i know it was the missus choice honest! :coffee:

A reminder of the side last round says that he is likely to change things up.

Would be interesting to see Harrison for one get some minutes.

IMG_5087.png

Heading up tonight, not yesterday @arch stanton hope your mate has an extra days holiday booked lol.

Anyway weve paid our money so let them entertain us!

Gonna Park at Star City and walk from there, is this standard practice these days, last time i was at Villa Park was for Take That, i know it was the missus choice honest! :coffee:
he's retired so I suppose it gave him something to do. He's good people so I wont take the piss. Much. Forever.

Need to find a balance between resting players but still putting out a half decent squad so that we I) avoid injuries; but also II) avoid getting pumped to the point of embarassment.

These will want us to come at them and leave space in between the lines and behind. So sit deep and give them none of it:

Pickers
Patterson - Tarky - Keane - Mykolenko
Harrison - Garner - Onyango - Onana - Danujuma
Chermitti​

Bring on the bomb squad at 65-70 minutes and try to nick something.

UTFT
If you start Keane there will be nothing to salvage in the 65th minute.

I have for a long time thought Everton should target this competition, atm it is our main chance of winning silverware. However, I believe the next two premiership fixtures will define our season , it's the difference between looking up or looking below us . So for me, this isn't the game to target on, 6 points before the international break...massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.