Baines: We have no chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how hes piped up now knowing oviedo will bw first choice when hes back.

Hope Baines is sold in summer now tbh. Shouldnt be making comments like this in the media.
really...
Baines has earnt nothing but respect from me over his time at Everton. Terrific player and incredibly loyal to the club when he could quite easily have moved on.

So when he talks like this, we should listen.

hope that helps

You love Baines as an attacking outlet as much as any blue I presume.
So please explain how our left back is meant to show his worth in the final third when he's rarely passed the ball. When he was on Sunday, he found Lukaku a yard outside the six yard box with only Blind to beat. Not blaming RL for not scoring, Blind had a blinder, but Baines showed in one cross why he needs the ball. In the final third. Often.

He's bang on, there is no chemistry. It's just maverick after maverick attempting bits of brilliance.

I dont blame Lukaku for not scoring either, I do blame him for not looking in the least bit arsed this past week though. And hes not the only one guilty of that to be fair.

Personally I think Baines has been crap for a while, He is allowed it I suppose after the years of good work.

My view from reading that and listening to the Jags interview is that we either have a new manager in the summer or Martinez will have a busy summer revamping the squad and getting rid of all the players who have lost confidence in him and his methods. Either way it will be a very interesting summer and one of the most important in a long time given the money we should have available.

Strange how baines and Coleman were the best fullbacks in the country under moyes and now have become bang average under Martinez,I'm not surprised by his comments.

I'd say Coleman best season was under Martinez and they were both very good in his first season.

If I saw Baines in a pub I'd buy him a pint.

If I saw Roberto in a pub I'd pour said pint over his head and then lock him in the bog.

Baines is an ace player, a top man and a brilliant professional. Out of the two of them, he's not the one with the long history of spewing aural faeces out of his mouth.

If I saw Baines in a pub I'd buy him a pint.

If I saw Roberto in a pub I'd pour said pint over his head and then lock him in the bog.

Baines is an ace player, a top man and a brilliant professional. Out of the two of them, he's not the one with the long history of spewing aural faeces out of his mouth.

aural faeces

faeces out of his mouth

Any more than that is Robertoism

Been a top player for us has Baines, but two things in particular have taken the shine off his performances.....his confidence-sapping World Cup performances, and the loss of Pienaar in front of him. Those two things changed him from top class to just a good footballer. He stopped taking pens, stopped getting assists and started picking up injuries.

Not arguing right now post injury - which is still apparently bothering him but he's obviously decided to play through and get it sorted int he summer assuming he doesn't go the euros that his form has dipped a lot mate, still think he is the best full back at the club and one of the best in the league though personally - and one who if he was playing at another side would look a hell of a lot better than he does in ours under the current tactics

Thing about looking worse without Pienaar is true, which makes it baffling that our manager has had three seasons to sort out a balance on that side by getting a player who can work with and in fact compliment Baines and vice versa, our solution seems to be to play no one their at all and basically leave our left back utterly isolated - lost count of the amount of times we have been got at down that side and have a winger and right back doubling up against Baines/Oviedo/Galloway

Manager thinks thats fine apparently as we play Cleverley in theory their - although for the life of me he seems to play 95% of the game tucked centrally, or Kone who honestly god knows where he plays when he is out their but it certainly isn't as a winger thats for sure.

Take any fullback in the world and stick him in our team right now and leave them as isolated as we do our left backs and they will not look anywhere near the same player they are

He's the Pat Nevin of the day.....articulate, bright and not your run-of-the-mill stereotypical footballer. But that doesn't make him untouchable. Sure I read somewhere that as a kid he was a Red too?
Irrelevant anyhow, because the furore about what he's said has just been blown out of proportion....I'm certain it wasn't a pop at the manager....rather a pop at the teammates. If not, considering how loyal and honest you've said he is (which for clarity I'm not questioning) why wouldn't he just come out and say "the managers tactics don't work and he's bought a player who is absolute pants in training" if that wer the truth?

think the thing about him being a red is similar to the gerrard is a blue rumours mate, probably from him having trials their as a youngster from memory, not ever seen it in any reputable source that he was ever a liverpool supporter - but seen a fair few reports he was a blue as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back