Baines: We have no chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everywhere now.

Wry smiles at @ilikecheese, "it's all just linkbait". Nothing to see here, move along...

Leighton Baines feels Everton are relying on individuals and chemistry is missing from the side
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...istry-missing-1-0-loss-Manchester-United.html

Everton star Leighton Baines: There is no chemistry between the players
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...hemistry-between-players-Football-News-Gossip

Everton players lack 'chemistry', says Leighton Baines
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-players-lack-chemistry-says-leighton-baines

Leighton Baines blames lack of chemistry at Everton after another defeat
http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...n-after-another-defeat_sto5422447/story.shtml

Baines: No chemistry between Everton players on pitch
http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2016/04/baines-no-chemistry-everton-players-pitch/

Baz and Ped at ttv have done a 30 min special about it as well mate, so it is getting a lot of air time

Problem for me mate i think he will deflect it completely - something along the lines of "it shows baines is a great competitor in a great moment of form, and a phenomenal attitude to winning".

I feel like Martinez is trolling everyone now with his pressers - no-one can surely say all that and be serious and sane.

Its a shame its come to this nice bloke, but he is getting more clueless as the weeks go by.

I think Dave may be involved in preparing his pressers

Moshy ain't gonna start throwing his weight around, he's gonna wait till Bill comes calling begging him to sack his boy. And in that moment, Moshy will be king.
Moshy won't do anything to rock the boat until after the semi final result is known. If we win he will stay silent, should we lose then I would expect he will either sack him soon after or at least start looking for a new manager for the summer like most clubs do before they sack a dead duck.

To me it seems as though the manager gives the players slightly too much freedom, the players seem to decide for themselves which area of the pitch they are going to play in and we end up with 3 players all trying to play in one position and huge gaps in other areas of the pitch. At the moment I think we would be better trying to play a more structured formation. It would help the players to know where they are supposed to be and where their team mates are supposed to be.

I'm not surprised Baines isn't liking the current set up, when you compare it to when he played with Pienaar in front of him, it was like the pair of them could read each others minds

Anybody who hasnt watched that, should do, watched it last night, the most damning and telling thing they say, "The players have no idea where they are meant to be playing", how many games have you watched and not had a clue who was meant to be playing where, now imagine how hard that is for the players.

No structure, no balance and no tempo.

Anybody who hasnt watched that, should do, watched it last night, the most damning and telling thing they say, "The players have no idea where they are meant to be playing", how many games have you watched and not had a clue who was meant to be playing where, now imagine how hard that is for the players.

Spot on. It's is a tragedy with the set of players we've got.

That points the finger at RM.

Ped nailed it in the first two minutes of that vid

Saw that earlier mate, as usual with those two a decent watch and some good points made

at any level that lack of cohesion will cost you, at the very top level where any mistake or hesitation will usually get exploited it's suicidal to have such lack of knowing what the hell everyone is supposed to be doing throughout the squad

makes me think back to Lukaku waving his arms askign wtf he was supposed to be playoing now against Arsenal, and the almost comedy of Stones and Jagielka going for the same ball, both stopping, both going again etc No one seriously has a clue at the start of the game what their supposed to be doing and after the manger starts tinkering during the game with positions and subs it starts becoming almost comically bad

Saw that earlier mate, as usual with those two a decent watch and some good points made

at any level that lack of cohesion will cost you, at the very top level where any mistake or hesitation will usually get exploited it's suicidal to have such lack of knowing what the hell everyone is supposed to be doing throughout the squad

makes me think back to Lukaku waving his arms askign wtf he was supposed to be playoing now against Arsenal, and the almost comedy of Stones and Jagielka going for the same ball, both stopping, both going again etc No one seriously has a clue at the start of the game what their supposed to be doing and after the manger starts tinkering during the game with positions and subs it starts becoming almost comically bad

Agreed and its what Baines means more than anything, remember his understanding with Pienaar, they dovetailed, they both knew what the other would do, im not totally saying its Martinezs fault that some players aged, but the constant changing tactics, formation and players is an utter joke.

It screams of somebody that simply doesnt understand football at the highest level, infact not even on the highest level, it screams of somebody that doesnt understand football on ANY level.

Agreed and its what Baines means more than anything, remember his understanding with Pienaar, they dovetailed, they both knew what the other would do, im not totally saying its Martinezs fault that some players aged, but the constant changing tactics, formation and players is an utter joke.

It screams of somebody that simply doesnt understand football at the highest level, infact not even on the highest level, it screams of somebody that doesnt understand football on ANY level.

You ask the average (well above average) everton fan what we have needed for the last two years and they'd all say - someone for the Pienaar role, the manger obviously disagrees or even more alarmingly doesn't actually understand the role that Pienaar has done in the team

Always knew one thing that is true in whatever area you want to talk about, and thats when really low on confidence or people are unsure of themselves then its better to simplify rather than complicate further what your asking them to do, Martinez does the opposite and it's been shown time and time again this season and last that he does.

Martinez for me is a poor communicator as well, i am pretty sure that in his head he often has it all worked out and just doesn't communicate it or else fails to communicate it properly tpo the people actually doing the role, hence confusion and people waving their arms at the bench asking wtf their supposed to be doing

As for Baines & Pienaar, one of the best examples of chemistry between players you will ever see on a pitch, so when he talks about the chemistry being bad in the team you know he understands completely what he is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back