Baines's reduced role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell Baines ?
I agree with the funky gibbon.
He's just back from injury, but, previous to that he was plainly under instructions not to bomb forward as much.

Heh, he even beat the first man on a couple of corners yesterday.

Baines in for me.

Same as Coleman. Yet the 2 of them are getting stick for not being as effective this season.

He turned down Bayern Munich and United to stay at Everton ffs. Not a chance we should sell him.

It's rare, but we have someone who is both loyal and good at football. Garbutt can wait his turn and will have to do more than deliver a nice corner to replace him.

Sell Baines ?

Same as Coleman. Yet the 2 of them are getting stick for not being as effective this season.

He turned down Bayern Munich and United to stay at Everton ffs. Not a chance we should sell him.

Exactly, he has shown us loyalty the least he deserves is us to show him some.

Some bad two faced beauts we have who want us to cheat like Liverpool and Chelsea. You know who you are.

Sell Baines ?

To be fair to the OP, if Baines wanted to go, then we'd get a whole load of cash for him then fair enough, we have two able deputies.
But, he plainly doesn't want to go, he loves the club and is a cracking left back. Selling him would be crazy. I'm not convinced about playing Oviedo further forward so, if he have to recycle the squad to strengthen in other areas then it makes sense to sell either Oviedo or Garbutt at some time.

Plainly with Garbutt's contract running out selling him isn't an option right now. In an ideal world, we get the lad signed up for a new contract and review the situation in 12 months, at which point we either sell Oviedo or Garbutt, or maybe this fantasy football of Baines moving inside as a defensive midfielder takes root, but I'm not convinced about that either

Basically the only thing I'm convinced about is that we shouldn't sell Baines.

To be fair to the OP, if Baines wanted to go, then we'd get a whole load of cash for him then fair enough, we have two able deputies.
But, he plainly doesn't want to go, he loves the club and is a cracking left back. Selling him would be crazy. I'm not convinced about playing Oviedo further forward so, if he have to recycle the squad to strengthen in other areas then it makes sense to sell either Oviedo or Garbutt at some time.

Plainly with Garbutt's contract running out selling him isn't an option right now. In an ideal world, we get the lad signed up for a new contract and review the situation in 12 months, at which point we either sell Oviedo or Garbutt, or maybe this fantasy football of Baines moving inside as a defensive midfielder takes root, but I'm not convinced about that either

Basically the only thing I'm convinced about is that we shouldn't sell Baines.

Yes, and the situation will sort itself out regarding the position of the others.

May as well get the ones that don't want to stay out first anyway.

Ignoring the fact that he is still our best left back (despite popular opinion Garbutt is only our 3rd best), given the loyalty Baines has shown us over the years, he deserves to be able to see out his playing days here at goodison in a reasonable capacity, and if that means loosing Garbutt then it is worth it.

How is it? That's the attitude that has us stuck with the likes of Hibbert on the wage bill. Football's ruthless, if a player isn't performing then they need to be moved on.

or maybe this fantasy football of Baines moving inside as a defensive midfielder takes root, but I'm not convinced about that either

yeoflittlefaith2.jpg

Can't believe those underestimating his quality.....he is surely one of the best players we have (if not the best).....

Both him and Coleman don't seem to get forward as often as they used to.........It doesn't seem Coleman ever takes on players near the penalty box and dribbles around them....His best time of that was during Moyes tenure........Maybe Booby wants to keep it more tight at the back?

How is it? That's the attitude that has us stuck with the likes of Hibbert on the wage bill. Football's ruthless, if a player isn't performing then they need to be moved on.

He's got more talent in one of his sideburns than Hibbert has in his entire body.

Baines without a decent Pienaar=not as good as with him.
That's never going to happen. Baines won't get any younger, skillful or faster.
He's put in plenty of good performances and we got value for money when he came in, he's had a shed load of dosh.
He has probably set the bench mark for LB's for the next 25yrs.

The ignore feature is superb on this forum, sometimes I miss whole threads, but then suddenly they just pop out when im least expecting it and make me sad.

This thread makes me very sad.

Leighton Baines is a superb left back, he showed loyalty to us and how do we repay that loyalty, with threads asking should we sell him, why? Hes still 1 of the best full backs in the league and we should sell him cos he no longer takes penos?

Christ sake.

I despair at our fanbase, I really do.

The ignore feature is superb on this forum, sometimes I miss whole threads, but then suddenly they just pop out when im least expecting it and make me sad.

This thread makes me very sad.

Leighton Baines is a superb left back, he showed loyalty to us and how do we repay that loyalty, with threads asking should we sell him, why? Hes still 1 of the best full backs in the league and we should sell him cos he no longer takes penos?

Christ sake.

I despair at our fanbase, I really do.

Is right.

I've avoided the ignore rabbit hole for a long time...guess I like train wrecks more than I'd like to admit.

However...I've hovered over the button a lot lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back