Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, looking at his numbers alone - he really only have 1 good season in the Championship. It's a gamble to take him and test him at top flight.

A 17mil valuation is very close to Che Adams valuation (17mil too??)? Would you rather have Che Adams or Ben Brereton Diaz? And then would rather have Che Adams/Ben Brereton Diaz or Rondon?

To be honest, looking at his numbers alone - he really only have 1 good season in the Championship. It's a gamble to take him and test him at top flight.

A 17mil valuation is very close to Che Adams valuation (17mil too??)? Would you rather have Che Adams or Ben Brereton Diaz? And then would rather have Che Adams/Ben Brereton Diaz or Rondon?
Brereton is still only 23, he is years away from his prime and players develop differently.
I think Brereton is a better long term investment than Adams.

Why has it taken us an entire week to make a "formal enquiry"?
Absolute madness. I’m perfectly happy with signing him but they could’ve done this on Tuesday and still had a good shot of getting him in the door for Brentford. Or last Tuesday, or the Tuesday before that.

Starting things just late enough for him to be unavailable for an important match for which we have no decent player in his position is just so typical, like they thrive on doing everything just a little bit wrong.

It's actually not when you take into consideration every season and not just last year. 22 in 38 was very good, but the year before it was 7 in 40 and in the 40 before that it was just 2.

He's spent his entire senior career in the Championship and overall his average is less than 1 in 4. Of course there's his age and a bad knee injury he had to take into consideration but for me he'd be a big gamble.
He’s just turned 23 at the end of last season.

I’d hardly hold it against a 20-22 year old to not be prolific, especially in the championship. If he was 28 it would be a fair point but freaks like Rooney and Owen aside, most strikers struggle at a young age. Check out people like drogba for instance. At 24 he was playing for Guingamp and had scored 3 goals in 9 starts.

Bit wary of moving for him to be honest. His best work at Blackburn has been inside left rather than as a centre forward. Does he have the skill/guile to play that position in the Premier league, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back