Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not been tracking this one much, but have just watched one of his YouTube compilations.

He seems a proper old school bundler. Not particularly skilful, doesn't look especially quick, but seems to get the ball over the line a fair bit.

But I can't help but think I should feel more positive after watching a compilation of 30 goals and assists. After all, those videos are like the super concentrated Ribena of a player's best bits. If they don't get the blood flowing...

Don't know about you but I'd be pretty slowed down in momentum after a ruptured ankle ligament. 2 goals, 2 assists in 7 after that injury. Started with 2 goals, 1 assist in 5 so far this season.

Maybe it's just he's a normal goalscorer and not Lewandowski.
Maybe he's reverted back to his average after a ridiculously hot start to the last season as well? A normal goalscorer in the championship by no means guarantees goals at a higher level.

His 2 goals this season are much better goals than some last year but if we are bringing him in we definitely need at least another as well.

Maybe he's reverted back to his average after a ridiculously hot start to the last season as well? A normal goalscorer in the championship by no means guarantees goals at a higher level.

His 2 goals this season are much better goals than some last year but if we are bringing him in we definitely need at least another as well.

Sorry were you really expecting us to sign a 20 in 25 (pre-injury) striker for £15m???

Or maybe he's just a young improving player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back