Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

This one from the other day, I'm assuming a podcast.

I think he's someone we've looked at, but there's another player lined up in front of him. Just the fact @The Bobble has only mentioned we have an 'interest' in him. Also going on to state that James Garner is further along - and we've only just spoke to his agents. So I'd deduce there's nothing in the pipeline for Diaz.

I reckon we've got striker on the cards that no media or ITK have picked up on yet. And we're trying to push that through ASAP

Thing about Diaz is he's not a guy who can replace DCL, he's a mix of a secondary striker / wide forward, but a pretty slow one - I like him, love his weird fairytale story, but think Maupay and this guy where options for that role and we got Maupay who is for sure the safer bet.

Watching him a little bit and reading up the Rovers forums, he basically can't play up top on his own, is poor in the air (especially as he's decent size) and struggles with his back to goal and hold up play

Thing about Diaz is he's not a guy who can replace Dominic Calvert-Lewin, he's a mix of a secondary striker / wide forward, but a pretty slow one - I like him, love his weird fairytale story, but think Maupay and this guy where options for that role and we got Maupay who is for sure the safer bet.

Watching him a little bit and reading up the Rovers forums, he basically can't play up top on his own, is poor in the air (especially as he's decent size) and struggles with his back to goal and hold up play

So basically crap then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back